Allow myself to introduce myself

Salsa Picante

Recently moved from BK to Bergen County and decided I needed a none winter only hobby. My main thing is snowboarding. I am a gear whore, huge nerd on the equipment and an active member of a message board. Have not been on a MTB in over a decade.

At my friends pushing decided on a fat bike and actually bought his friends Mukluk with Bluto fork. Defintely see why he pushed it, great for the rocks around here.

Up until yesterday I had only been to Tourne and then did some riding out in a Colorado (on a Pivot Mach 429). Yesterday I went to High Mountain and pretty promptly destroyed my rear derailleur!

Anyway, I am pretty terrible, but having fun. Looking to improve each time out and keep exploring the local spots. Looks like you have a great community on here and glad to join it.

Jonathan

Welcome! HM is a great place. Get the Maparika app to help explore, won't help with exploding parts tho.

Welcome. Rode a Pivot in ColoRADo over the summer. Really fun bike. Have fun on the fattie.

That's funny because I destroyed my freehub at Tourne yesterday....

We ride this area regularly, you're welcome to join!

Recently moved from BK to Bergen County and decided I needed a none winter only hobby. My main thing is snowboarding. I am a gear whore, huge nerd on the equipment and an active member of a message board. Have not been on a MTB in over a decade.

At my friends pushing decided on a fat bike and actually bought his friends Mukluk with Bluto fork. Defintely see why he pushed it, great for the rocks around here.

Up until yesterday I had only been to Tourne and then did some riding out in a Colorado (on a Pivot Mach 429). Yesterday I went to High Mountain and pretty promptly destroyed my rear derailleur!

Anyway, I am pretty terrible, but having fun. Looking to improve each time out and keep exploring the local spots. Looks like you have a great community on here and glad to join it.

Jonathan

I'm just getting back into mtb as well. The crew over at HM have been EXTREMELY hospitable in showing me around the trails. Definitely join us on a ride!

Check out the NJ MTB meetup group that Mark runs to meet other riders/explore the rest of the Rock Garden State. Also, Al Z.'s Central NJ MTB meetup group covers quite a bit, as well.

Welcome.

welcome, but this is racking my brain, can someone tell me where is "BK", seems obvious to everyone but me
know its not Blood Killa or Burger King, which showed up everywhere on searches

oh yeah, get yourself an avatar before it's too late
don't say I didn't warn you if you don't, I've seen bad things happen here....

welcome, but this is racking my brain, can someone tell me where is "BK", seems obvious to everyone but me
know its not Blood Killa or Burger King, which showed up everywhere on searches

Brooklyn?

thanks, you guys are likely right according to urban dictionary,
I'll have to let my mom and grandmother know so they street cred
bkhouse1.jpg

Welcome. I live 10 minutes from High Mountain and have only ridden there once, just can't resist the urge to drive another 10 minutes to Ringwood.

Haha. yeah Brooklyn. Guess I can't use my "street lingo" in the burbs.

I'm in Ridgewood as well. I'm sure Ringwood is great but probably too advanced for me yet and High Mountain is just so convenient and seems like it is pretty damn good.

I know. So close to home. Time to give it another. Good place for a weekday filler ride. Anyone you know of riding there tomorrow late afternoon?

Back
Top Bottom