Allamuchy North Trail Directory

DargSide

Any idea how it would be today? Was thinking of round valley, but was wondering if allamuchy drained like round valley and would be bone dry right now

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any idea how it would be today? Was thinking of round valley, but was wondering if allamuchy drained like round valley and would be bone dry right now

Still covered in snow.

FitmanNJ

I was there today and fought my way through a loop. Anything off the most common trails (and even a few of the popular trails) had fairly deep (6"-10"?), crusty snow. Before deciding to go to Allamuchy North, I was thinking that it probably had melted down like some of the other parks and I brought my narrower wheelset with studded tires, expecting ice (this was early this morning with temps still in the 20's). I wished I had brought my largest/widest wheelset to run at low pressures for improved floatation as the snow was hardened and very difficult to ride through. I had to walk many of the long, uphill sections -- I just couldn't sustain the watts required to climb these hills on the bike while partially sinking into the snow. Sections that had been walked on weren't flattened for the most part but were typically choppy and "post-holed." Quite a workout...o_O

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions