Allamuchy North Conditions

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think they are pretty close as their property does dive deep over the ridge. What I think is going on is someone in the cult is a lawyer who wants to cover their ass in case of injury. Let's face it you have the same situation over in the BSA area that many trails are on their property also. Signage secures protection to law suits.

Reactions: rlb

rlb

Yes it is very close. Hopefully they don't station someone there to scare the bejeezus into you.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The issue is whether or not the green trail goes onto their property? The property boundaries shown on that site are a general representation and do not show the exact locations. A property survey would be needed to determine that.

lets go monument hunting!

ryderX

lets go monument hunting!
Speaking of monuments. The new single track that is being scrubbed out on the BSA comes within feet and inches of the Dean 9/11 memorial. I guarantee someone is going to crash into the monument.

SmooveP

Thinking about heading up to Mooch tomorrow. Any condition updates? We got rain here at the shore last night.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
North drains very well. Other than the typical few wet spots, the park will be good to go for you.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of monuments. The new single track that is being scrubbed out on the BSA comes within feet and inches of the Dean 9/11 memorial. I guarantee someone is going to crash into the monument.
No worries, We're going to bubblewrap it during the races.

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thinking about heading up to Mooch tomorrow. Any condition updates? We got rain here at the shore last night.
I'd stay away from the green trail from the railbed, about 3 downed trees and annoying leaf heave. Otherwise the park is in great shape

kidzach

Excellent condions this morning. Maybe 4 or 5 small patches of snow left. A little crunchy here and there. If parking at Tranquility lot you will have to enter through Pub517 lot. There is a tree down at the usual entrance.
Do not enter this way if you have low profile vehicle however

Last edited:

pat_the_cat

A friend an I rode last night.

Have to come in from Pub 517. Be careful. Lots of mud and deep holes in the access road. Cars with "stance" need not apply. Big tree from the normal entrance on 517.

Some muddy spots on White to Purple. A few other places in the park too but I don't recall where. It got pretty cold with the wind after dark so we dropped down Cardiac and some of it had a stream running through it with some nasty mud. Usual frost and leaf heave in spots but otherwise a good time was had. But no record setting times for sure lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 203
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 211

pat_the_cat

Some muddy spots on White to Purple. A few other places in the park too but I don't recall where. It got pretty cold with the wind after dark so we dropped down Cardiac and some of it had a stream running through it with some nasty mud. Usual frost and leaf heave in spots but otherwise a good time was had. But no record setting times for sure lol

Rode North with 2 friends last night. Most of this still holds true. Less mud though and more frozen goodness. Single tracks were fast. Climbs were decent. It was a good night to get out. Just one minor hiccup. That stick really tried to ruin my night lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 189

qclabrat

Started a 8am today from waterloo, first timer but conditions decent, a couple thawing pools which the regulars probably know about, by the time I was done at 11, started getting soggy, guessing tomorrow won't be as good as this morning

jackx

Nearby, the snow is melting or gone and it is supposed to be around 20°F overnight. So it should be frozen for an early ride.

Fat Trout

A fair amount of branches down from the wind. A few big trees down on waving wille. I imagine its similar throughout.

Kev

Conditions were great today, I scared off a few bears, and also, if anyone sees a can of counter assault bear mace on the ground from Waterloo up the southern portion of blue leading to Lumpy Bumpy, that is mine. I have had it easily accessible in the side pocket of my backpack for a few years, and it has never fallen out until today. Time to figure out a chest mount for that once I get a new one. If you find it, you now bear the responsibilities of great power.

SSmtbr

Rode Sunday and conditions were great. Came across a large downed tree on Waving Willy on the (relatively new?) re-routed section where you ride down the large rock face closer to the start off the Sussex Branch. I vaguely recall there also being another one down on ice cream about mid-way through? I was out of water well before this point in my ride so I was a bit exhausted and dehydrated so take that second one with a grain of salt until someone else can confirm.

Hit waving willy, lumpy bumpy, white, cardiac bypass, rollie, freaking middle, ice cream, 4 bump bypass, down white/yellow and Sussex Branch to Cranberry Lake. Most of the blazed trails were still in good shape with minimal overgrowth but I kept missing the lines on lumpy bumpy at the start and toward the end; granted I've only been on it a handful of times in the last 2 years so it very well could just be me.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions