Allamuchy North Conditions

cbiker

Yeah i was in north some of the more tech trails like lumpy bumpy were alright but i did a bunch of unmarked trails off of the white trail that were pretry torn up can happen pretty fast when its a little damp i guess.

littlev21

thanks for the TM. trails are running nice. In case, for the to-do list. tree across bitch slap reroute up to top of ice cream, and big tree down on ice cream decent just after rock garden.

littlev21

wondering about a cut out that occurred, on white, between mis-shift hill and purple at the stream crossing. The work was put in to do cuts but the tree was left in the trail. so the work only benefits hikers or the most technically adept riders. Trying to choke the flow of quads?

looking west:
log1.jpg

looking east:

log2.jpg

Apache1

You nailed it littlev21! It will be a re-route for hikers and cyclists and hopefully deterring off road vehicles.
It is under construction so give us time. It will have a technical option as well as an easier one not to mention it we be able to be walked - all while not getting wet or muddy.
We have experienced extensive quad invasion that seems to coincide with camp schedule from private property to the west the last couple of years.
We have trail maintenance this Saturday if you would like to join us. Follow us at: https://www.facebook.com/allamuchytrailcrew/
Happy trails!

xc62701

Post up if you know any areas are getting overgrown or have logs down. Luckys Revenge mtb race will be here soon (www.bikereg.com/luckys-revenge) and it’s going to showcase a lot of these amazing trails. Jorba has been doing an amazing job and in addition to that myself and my guys from the race will be in here doing a bunch of cleanup/clearing for the race so if you know anything please let me know. Thanks!

goldsbar

Well, since you're offering...

There are two logs near the start of the new white single track right by the Continental Dr lot. First one probably needs a chainsaw; would only be a few minute walk from the lot. Second is not much further. Going in that direction on white, there's a log on the connector to the red (or is that actually on the red, hmm).

Parts of Rolly Polly are getting very overgrown, including some thorns. Advise napalm.

Haven't been to the orange lately, but that's usually overgrown by February, so probably bad unless someone has been trimming it.

xc62701

Well, since you're offering...

There are two logs near the start of the new white single track right by the Continental Dr lot. First one probably needs a chainsaw; would only be a few minute walk from the lot. Second is not much further. Going in that direction on white, there's a log on the connector to the red (or is that actually on the red, hmm).

Parts of Rolly Polly are getting very overgrown, including some thorns. Advise napalm.

Haven't been to the orange lately, but that's usually overgrown by February, so probably bad unless someone has been trimming it.

I saw the big one just above the Waterloo/Sussex Branch trail head. That's a bigun. I'm going to need to make some calls for that one. I did some trimming of overgrowth on yellow today and took care of some of the annoying deadfall logs on yellow and red. Roly Poly is on my list. I'm wondering how orange is as I know that area is prone to overgrowth. If anyone has ridden that lately I'd love to hear some reports. There's a tree on Lumpy Bumpy which needs to be taken out as it's falling over and cutting off one of the main rock lines. That will be taken care of soon. The scout camp has been doing a great job of clearing the downed trees over there so In general the park seems to be in decent shape and getting better day by day.

goldsbar

I saw the big one just above the Waterloo/Sussex Branch trail head. That's a bigun. I'm going to need to make some calls for that one. I did some trimming of overgrowth on yellow today and took care of some of the annoying deadfall logs on yellow and red. Roly Poly is on my list. I'm wondering how orange is as I know that area is prone to overgrowth. If anyone has ridden that lately I'd love to hear some reports. There's a tree on Lumpy Bumpy which needs to be taken out as it's falling over and cutting off one of the main rock lines. That will be taken care of soon. The scout camp has been doing a great job of clearing the downed trees over there so In general the park seems to be in decent shape and getting better day by day.

Awesome! Agree the park is generally in very good shape. How are you going to mark some of these trails? Lumpy Bumpy can be very hard to follow in several places, particularly at the "top," if you don't know it. Roly has a small circular section that could be inadvertently cut, etc.

xc62701

Awesome! Agree the park is generally in very good shape. How are you going to mark some of these trails? Lumpy Bumpy can be very hard to follow in several places, particularly at the "top," if you don't know it. Roly has a small circular section that could be inadvertently cut, etc.

Neon orange spray paint everywhere!!!

Actually no... not that. Someone did that in Ringwood years ago and it was horrific! We are going to mark it with arrows streamers and spray chalk. Maybe even some colored tape on the rocks. It should be easy enough to follow as long as you keep your head up.

Fat Trout

Be careful of sanitizing things too good. Some of the deadfall has been pretty effective in making lazy quad riders turn around. In particular I'm thinking of some on the connector from waving willy to lumpy bumpy start. The one right near the start up which is tough but ridable turned around quads repeatedly this spring from the tracks I saw.

xc62701

Yes what were are clearing has quad blockage in mind. It’s shaping up nicely out there! I’ve been cleaning things up and it’s obvious others have been too. I’m going to head in and take care of the overgrowth in the 517/Roly area next week.

Last edited:

xc62701

Something needs to be done to keep the quads off of ice cream. They are widening and destroying it :(

Fat Trout

Something needs to be done to keep the quads off of ice cream. They are widening and destroying it :(
Yeah...i hear ya. Unfortunately it is boy scout property and thats where they are coming from relative to that trail. Im thankful they seem to be looping that only and not diving in further. 2 groups....those that enter from cranberry ledge rd and those that come in from the bs camp. Considering the cooperation we generally get from the.camp with JORBA and MTBNJ its kinda hard to give them shit.....its their property. I agree100% though and if with this race you are in contact with them....any kind and respectful words you could conveigh to them wouldnt hurt.

xc62701

Yeah...i hear ya. Unfortunately it is boy scout property and thats where they are coming from relative to that trail. Im thankful they seem to be looping that only and not diving in further. 2 groups....those that enter from cranberry ledge rd and those that come in from the bs camp. Considering the cooperation we generally get from the.camp with JORBA and MTBNJ its kinda hard to give them shit.....its their property. I agree100% though and if with this race you are in contact with them....any kind and respectful words you could conveigh to them wouldnt hurt.
Yes thankfully it’s not more extensive as Stephens has been having lots more moto traffic as well. I’ll take what we can get. By the way the pricker overgrowth by 517 will be gone tomorrow.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions