Allamuchy North Conditions

Jrzjoe

IMG_5177.png
IMG_5177.png
Tree down here. Right at that nice rock roller. It’s blocking the roller.
Question. Is candy ass Phased out? No one seems to be riding it. Full leaf cover and a million branches and trees down. The whole trail is about to be reclaimed if people don’t start riding it again.

Jrzjoe

View attachment 232467View attachment 232467Tree down here. Right at that nice rock roller. It’s blocking the roller.
Question. Is candy ass Phased out? No one seems to be riding it. Full leaf cover and a million branches and trees down. The whole trail is about to be reclaimed if people don’t start riding it again.
We hiked it today. Here’s my wife hiking candy ass bare footed, but needed a jacket because it was cold….makes sense…dont it?
IMG_5183.jpeg

Fat Trout

View attachment 232467View attachment 232467Tree down here. Right at that nice rock roller. It’s blocking the roller.
Not phased out but generally gets lighter traffic so always has a good packing of leaves after the fall and tends to look like its disappearing. I need to take a pass through with a chainsaw and generally clean it up a bit...next weekend perhaps. Anything really big down for trees?

Jrzjoe

Not phased out but generally gets lighter traffic so always has a good packing of leaves after the fall and tends to look like its disappearing. I need to take a pass through with a chainsaw and generally clean it up a bit...next weekend perhaps. Anything really big down for trees?
Not enormous but absolutely will need a chainsaw.

Robin

Hiked from the tranquility lot of cardiac to the roly poly split off. Trails are surprisingly dry. A lot of debris on the trails that I tried to clear off. There is a very large tree on the Rock garden armoring just below the mega roller on cardiac. I posted on trail forks

Ironjunk

What is with glass always next to the waterloo trailhead bridge? There is never not glass there for the past 15 years at least, someone is playing the long game.

BuzzBomber

Hiked 517/Waterloo to Ditch/Cardiac loop Saturday. In addition to the tree on the rock garden there is a bunch of new stuff down on Ditch/Cardiac connector just uphill from the switchback and candyass connector intersection. At least 4 or 5 Ash that came down across the trail.

Jrzjoe

It was one of those days where it was mostly dry but where it was wet, it was water. Made the mistake of finishing on waving Willie. The end and the cinder path are under deep water in that area.
Seems like some of the trails aren’t getting ridden too much. Lots of small stuff down and some new. Some of the stuff I rode was still leafed over
IMG_5291.jpeg
. A couple of chainsaw size here. I know there are more but can’t remember. Sorry

Attachments

• IMG_5288.jpeg
    IMG_5288.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 28

zip

The mountain cannot absorb anymore rain. The water is percolating out of the ground. Needs to dry out.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions