Allamuchy (Deer Park) Trail Maint. this Sunday September 24th

Apache1

Greetings,
Allamuchy Deer Park maintenance this Sunday September 24th between 8:30 - 12:30PM.
We will be parking at the parking lot at the end of Deer Park Road off 517.
40.887636, -74.814156
We will be doing a 'brush back' of overgrowth.
Please bring water, bug spray and work gloves if you have them.
There will be bagels for those who RSVP (so we know how many tools to bring).
RSVP: allamuchy@jorba.org
Please check here for trail maint. news and cancellations due to weather: https://www.facebook.com/allamuchytrailcrew/
Please bring your bike as we will be riding to remote areas for brush-back.
or call Marc 201-650-3176
Thanks in advance for your support!
Best regards,
Marc

9/24/17 TM Update

A big thank you to @pedals & @jdgang for helping with the TM at Deer Park this Sunday.

@jdgang spent a his morning cutting back the overgrown barberry and other plant life along the White Trail past the JCP&L carnage. This is a typically overgrowth area and is one that needs attention several times a year. No photos.

@Apache1 spent his time clearing some of the trees that needed some chainsaw love. I believe almost all downed trees have been cleared.

@pedals and I spent our time working on the Red Trail along the lakeside which hasn’t seen any real attention in years and was in serious need of help. We were able to knock back a significant amount of smaller saplings, barberry, and various other plant life which ultimate allows those to ride through without tearing one’s arms and/or legs open. In addition, we focused on opening up the insides of some turns making it safe for two-way traffic. I’m hoping the time spent here will allow future TM’s to focus on other trails as this should be good for a few years now.

upload_2017-9-25_11-4-36.png
upload_2017-9-25_11-5-8.png
upload_2017-9-25_11-5-45.png
upload_2017-9-25_11-6-4.png

For those that have spent time helping with our beloved parks, you all know how much time and effort goes into this. For those that haven’t had the opportunity to help your local park, I ask that you attend at least one 4 hour TM session per season. Every little bit is a HUGE help.

Back
Top Bottom