Allamuchy North Conditions

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
Here's a few pics from a post Irene assessment ride...

This is a HUGE tree that fell onto another tree on Wavin Willy. Could make for an interesting feature, seeing that its not going anywhere anytime soon...

0903010925_0001.jpg

mooch22.jpg

mooch21.jpg

0903010926_0001.jpg

and a shot of the Sussex Branch from last Sunday after Irene left town.

downsized_0828011633.jpg

A lot of standing water and downed trees everywhere... we moved what we could, but someone really needs to get through there with some saws! :getsome:

crash

Rode the white 517 / Waterloo and Yellow Trail today. Inundated with water. Consistent stream bed like conditions with severe erosion in places. The creek crossings were challenging.

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
I think there was more water up in there today than with Irene. did green to white up Ice cream to cardiac to candy ass back to white and out today and it was rough... lots of "derailluer slayers" and washouts.....

goldsbar

Agree with Crash. White from Waterloo to the cutover to the red is basically a stream for about 70% of the ride. The bottom was generally solid (went twice and no visible damage second time) so no additional damage done but it wasn't my idea of ideal riding. I was expecting some puddles but nothing like this. Yellow and red were much better but very challenging. I suggest staying away until we have several dry days in a row unless you're into this sort of riding. My guess is that other parks - or even the 517 side of Mooch - are in much better condition. Lots of mosquitos to go along with the water.

BTW, chainsaw needed on Red twice (sort of by the intersection with blue going counterclockwise), Yellow (White to furthest part of yellow from Waterloo lot go up the couple of steep climbs and basically shortly thereafter), and White (manual saw would work for this one right by the first White/Yellow intersection coming from Waterloo).

pedals

Went today and it's no better. It's gona take a while to dry out. Mosquitoes are horrible.

Hit Rollie Pollie from the picnic. Thanks Marc P. for helping me find it, otherwise we'd still be riding around it circles. Got it from the backside, riding up um, I guess Cardiac Bypass. It was A W E S O M E !!! There's no emoticon for falsetto AWESOME :(.

Parked @ rr bed rode 1st blue trail on left, stayed left, to red back to rr bed; pretty damn good. Lots of leaves and sticks but trails were dry and not too beat up by water. Overall, very good. Ride it.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Beware if you are planning to hit green by waving willys. On the tracks leading up to green is hub deep flooding for about 1oo yrds. Glade I wore my Northwave Celsius boots as my feet stayed dry, not so lucky for my buddy. Conditions were super throughout all 3 parks with occasional muddy spots but few and far apart...

goldsbar

517 side was really good today. Orange to purple to bypass to the unmarked but well travelled stuff after cardiac bypass (the trails that would eventually lead to the old ice cream sign but I didn't go that far).

Many thanks to the person/people that cleared the downed trees all along the route.

crash

Yup. Out there at lunch today. The RR bed, blue and red loops are in great shape. Lots of folks out walking their dogs on the RR bed.

Post Mischief Night storm

Awful. Started at Tranquility Gate and cleared the orange switchbacks up to Ditch trailhead. Left two big trees, too big for my bowsaw. Had help from a friend; took us almost four hours to get that far. :(

11-13-11

Rode in from Cranbery Ledge today, the trails we hit were remarkably clean of
the recent disaster.

In an over to the green tr. (counter clockwise) to white, down Painted rock tr.
to monument, Maple leaf to white towards Waterloo, over to red tr (the connector
with the big tree and stones all over it), around the back of Red clockwise and
down the Highlands tr to rail bed back to Cranberries lake.

Very clean, especially compared to Stephenz.

From what I understand the Orange tr. in tranquillity has been receiving good attention and in fair-good shape.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode in from Cranbery Ledge today, the trails we hit were remarkably clean of
the recent disaster.

In an over to the green tr. (counter clockwise) to white, down Painted rock tr.
to monument, Maple leaf to white towards Waterloo, over to red tr (the connector
with the big tree and stones all over it), around the back of Red clockwise and
down the Highlands tr to rail bed back to Cranberries lake.

Very clean, especially compared to Stephenz.

From what I understand the Orange tr. in tranquillity has been receiving good attention and in fair-good shape.

Lumpy Bumpy is clean, but Wavin' Willy is still in rough shape. Cleared what we could by hand....need hand saws to clean most and def a chainsaw to clean at least one biggin'.

goldsbar

I had to clear one tree but otherwise best in years in that respect. Trails were 85% dry and 15% steams or big puddles. Usual areas of wetness plus some more. So much water around. Needs a little riding to clear some of the leaves.

kidzach

Conditions were good today. Anyone have an idea what is with all the bulldozing near Dean's monument?It seems the pond there is drained and they placed tons of limestone like rocks to possibly be used as a new barrier for when it fills back up.In the process it's like a 3 lane mud highway back there at the moment.I believe this is part of the Boy Scouts area still.Someone have a clue what they're up to back there? :confused:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions were good today. Anyone have an idea what is with all the bulldozing near Dean's monument?It seems the pond there is drained and they placed tons of limestone like rocks to possibly be used as a new barrier for when it fills back up.In the process it's like a 3 lane mud highway back there at the moment.I believe this is part of the Boy Scouts area still.Someone have a clue what they're up to back there? :confused:

They are rebuilding the damns and you do realize you are on their private property correct which is a no no right...

kidzach

I was not aware of this being a "no-no". I had been told by more than one person I thought was "in the know", that this was The Boy Scouts property and they had no problems with mountain bikers.I mean there is even a monument in memory of a mountain biker right there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions