Allamuchy North Conditions

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanx Peyman, I heard of the mess on the backside of icecream that still needs to be cleared. How bout cardiac bypass and freakin middle. Or is middle the same as freakin middle?(the trail that borders bsa)

Is pebble and that side clear?

pxs231

Cardiac bypass and the freakin middle are both clear. I haven't been to the Waterloo side yet. Two weeks ago on the way to lumpy from the slick rock and four bump side, right before the last climb to the entrance of lumpy, there was one major tree down as well. The trail connecting bumpy to the white trail with the exposed rock stream crossing is also clear. Overall not doing too badly. I wonder what candyass is like....

pxs231

I got a chance to check out on some other trails. The Four bump downhill is mostly clear until you get to right before the bridge. There are a couple of trees down on either side of the bridge on the white trail. There are reroutes on the waterloo side. Coming back from Waterloo taking the closest trail to cranberry lake towards the chicken wire bridge, You'll find a huge tree blocking the trail with no reroute. After crossing the chicken wire bridge further up the rocky climb there are two more trees down.
The outside yellow trail on the waterloo side has gotten some serious attention and is all clear, with a one fresh technical trail feature. Near the rail trail, the unmarked trail going parallel to the rail trail connecting the white rubble climb to the entrance on the red trail right around the water crossing has a few trees blocking it.

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanx for the report. Front side of ice cream down to yellow gate is clear but the river washed away the bridge by the gate. That was a nice start to the ride today, wet to the knees.

pxs231

1-2 inches of crunchy snow, great conditions overall. Bring your cardio cause you will be working hard. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358608649.643963.jpg

kidzach

Nice out today.A new 1 1/2" of the white stuff.Very ridable.Be careful if you come down Ice Cream Hill as you get to white.Some hidden ice underneath the snow.Took a wicked spill, but other than that riding was good.

Last edited:

ryderX

Just rode Allamuchy North from the Cranberry Lk side. The park is in pretty decent shape. Some trees still need to be cleared though the trails are pretty dry and surprisingly little mud. Waving Willies, Ice Cream, 4 Bump, Lumpy, Cardiac Bypass, Blue, Tree Hunter, Intersection Hill were all clear and rideable. I'm heading out there again tomorrow for a full park recon. I'll post up my findings.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great to know Kris. Thanks!!!

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode purple up to Rollie and Candyass yesterday. Candyass had a couple larger blowdowns that looked newer, as the Sandy stuff appeared cut. Lots of little litter all over it also. Everything else was really good, switchback loop had some small snowy spots up top but nothing you couldn't ride on/around.

We got going early so it was nice and frozen but will be pretty mucky when warmer. Really good ride sunday.:)

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
Was good indeed! It was nice to get out before work with the four of us... was a little on the cold side in the parking lot, but the White/Cardiac fixed that in a hurry!... all svetty.
Wished I could have finished up with you and Reggie, but someone had to be the responsible one... :rolleyes:
This was a great ride to lift the winter blahs a little.

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did some recon today from the Cranberry side over to railbed. The wagon wheel area is now clear of the head bangers. Also clear from Lumpy down to the wire bridge via bitch slap. Red still has two large trunks down about 1/4 from the top and the steep bombed out area could use a minor reroute to alleviate the boulder gulley.

Great conditions today with the frozen mud, should be good this wkd

solorider

3/30/2013 Mooch North Report

some serious chainsaw overtime took place in here. trails are in good shape, few wet spots in the low lying white trail, per usual. rode from tranquility lot and did a reverse mooch race lap. all good....

Attachments

• mooch.1.jpg
    mooch.1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 299
  • mooch2.jpg
    mooch2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 316
  • mooch3.jpg
    mooch3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 296
  • mooch4.jpg
    mooch4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 310

pxs231

So it looks like somebody had roped off a race course in and out if the Boy Scouts area..... I wonder who that maybe..... Hopefully they will take their caution tapes when they are done.
There are a couple of small trees leading up to the chicken wire bridge from the Waterloo side. Otherwise the conditions are amazing...

solorider

mooch north

there was a 5 and 10k trail race yesterday morning. the BSA guys were cutting the caution tape when I came through. spoke with them and another fella who was breaking down a bunch of picnic tables. They both seemed to welcome bikers, it pays to be friendly I guess...

pxs231

Oh ok, that makes sense. The tape was up as early as Thursday afternoon. A rather law abiding newbie friend of mine was in there and thought those trails were closed and got all confused.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions