Allamuchy North Conditions

stilluf

First time riding here. Overall fantastic conditions. Some leaves fallen but everything was dry without being loose or dusty.
Lots of fun rock technicals, plenty of elevation too. I'll be back.

Reactions: Kev

jackx

I rode Allamuchy Friday afternoon and I was sort of surprised how much leaf fall there already is - in some places. Overall great conditions.

jpn

Had a really nice ride late this afternoon. Up white then over to purple and back and forth on orange. Beautiful day, great colors on the leaves and a nice carpet of leaves on the trail.
KIMG0660.jpg
KIMG0656.jpg
KIMG0660.jpg
KIMG0656.jpg
KIMG0663.jpg
KIMG0664.jpg
KIMG0662.jpg

jackx

Overall great conditions, except for the usual wet areas near steam crossings, and a few areas near snowmelt.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode here today. Conditions are near perfect.....even with the heavy rains from yesterday. No sloppy mud at all, just water in the typical stream crossings.

pat_the_cat

Anyone have any info on trail conditions of Allamuchy North? Interested in trails from Tranquility lot.

Rode in Stephen’s yesterday. Trails there were almost perfect. A little soft in spots. I would assume North would be the same way. Any place that holds water is still going to be. I was In North a little over a week ago. The white climb up from Stuyvesant Dr had some under water spots. Orange from Stuyvesant Dr was very soft also.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone have any info on trail conditions of Allamuchy North? Interested in trails from Tranquility lot.

@jdgang rode north starting up Wavin' Willy from the Park n Ride in Cranberry Lake. I was told they cut the ride short due to conditions. Josh....any official update on this?

jdgang

Stay Away from Mooch North, we started at the PandR in Cranberry , up waving willies , didnt even make it to white. So parts where almost impassible Also met up with a number of runners in Salt afterwards. They started on the Waterloo side. They said the same thing. @DanBrodeen

DanBrodeen

Stay Away from Mooch North, we started at the PandR in Cranberry , up waving willies , didnt even make it to white. So parts where almost impassible Also met up with a number of runners in Salt afterwards. They started on the Waterloo side. They said the same thing. @DanBrodeen
Thanks Josh!

jackx

@jackx rode mooch proper yesterday... whatcha see up there?
From the lot on Continental drive, after the short climb on the White trail, the trail was submerged, although there was a bypass trail to the right that was dry so I took that. Yellow was mostly good because of it being largely uphill / rolling and not low-lying. White between yellow and Red had some wetter than usual sections. Red was relatively good due to it being higher ground, although the creek crossing was probably wider than usual. Ride was short.

Fat Trout

Waving Willie is rideable for the next few days from one end to the other so long as it freezes overnight. Combination of bike tracks, hiking use and some quad tracks on the Cranberry side. The muddy areas are frozen over enough to ride over. I just got finished @ 11:30 and it was just softening up. If the forecast holds, tomorrow should be good until 1 or so. I was running 4-5 psi and average speed was a scortching 3.7 but if your desperate its workable.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone been here after the last wind storm? Wondering if there is blow downs.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unfortunately, I haven't been in Allamuchy for recon since the last few storms. That being said, I've heard from reputable locals who have; "it's a mess out there with trees down everywhere". Keep in mind that this is 2nd hand info, albeit reputable peeps.

I have been in Deer Park and have about 10 or so trees to address in the coming weeks. It's not bad enough to NOT ride there, but it will absolutely kill some of the flow.

I'll be out in Allamuchy on Sunday and will have a better understanding of how it looks.

Fat Trout

Unfortunately, I haven't been in Allamuchy for recon since the last few storms. That being said, I've heard from reputable locals who have; "it's a mess out there with trees down everywhere". Keep in mind that this is 2nd hand info, albeit reputable peeps.

I have been in Deer Park and have about 10 or so trees to address in the coming weeks. It's not bad enough to NOT ride there, but it will absolutely kill some of the flow.

I'll be out in Allamuchy on Sunday and will have a better understanding of how it looks.

I rode from Cranberry ledge entrance up to white and over to waterloo road on Sunday before the latest snow on Monday. No new trees and conditions were decent, some puddle spots where you would expect but not muddy. I'm sure there is probably crap down elsewhere, but at least it all is draining well.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions