Allamuchy Conditions

Discussion in 'Allamuchy: North' started by JohneeOxford, Sep 7, 2011.

1. hardtale70

hardtale70 She's Gone From Suck to Blow Shop Keep

Quads, bikes, dual sports, no trail crew....it's headed back to the paradise it once was. If you wanna do trees lets go my man.

Chris26er and ReggieHammond like this.
  2. ktmrider

ktmrider Well-Known Member

The dirt bike community will gladly take the park back

w_b likes this.
  3. Fat Trout

Fat Trout Active Member

Saw that this afternoon hiking my dogs. The Seventh Day Adventist people need to get some new batteries in their GPS. They put posted signs down all the way to where Green / White meet up.

Motor bike / quad scene is about the same as it has been for the last few years. Living on N. Shore I hike and ride waving willie a fair bit. I saw a little bit of fresh motor bike markings recently but some of what is visible on green right now are deer drags where leaves are dragged and piled as a hunter drags a deer. Kinda looks like someone sliding with a motorbike or quad. You notice it more hiking (vs biking) as you see the little bits of deer hair rubbed off on the rocks.

....and in another pleasant sign of hunting season my dogs found someones improptu outdoor toilet.....YUCK.

4. rick81721

rick81721 Well-Known Member

Think this place will be good to go on thursday?

5. mattybfat

mattybfat The White Shadow Team MTBNJ Halter's

That place is always good unless monsoons or hurricanes are happening.

rick81721 likes this.
  6. w_b

w_b Well-Known Member

I know, wrong park thread, but since I have youz, how does DP compare to Mooch proper, regarding good to go after the latest weather?

I've been meaning to check it out on my Bigboy for some time.

7. mattybfat

@w_b it has it wet areas not criminally damaging if you ride after wet but locals will tend to avoid after a heavy rain. If your looking to go tomorrow you would be good to go.

The local spot to give a few days is lower Stephens otherwise upper is like north good except monsoons and hurricanes.

w_b likes this.
  8. kidzach

kidzach Active Member

Conditions were very good today. I have never seen so many cars @ the Tranquillity lot.........ever. Still only came across one other biker though.

Robin and ReggieHammond like this.
  9. RSAmerica

RSAmerica Well-Known Member

I ride SSP & Deer Park Saturday, lots of hunters. Make sure you wear safety orange!...

10. avc8130

avc8130 Member

Rode North Saturday. Went in Yellow Gate and rode out to 80 and back along the North edge. Conditions were great. We did about 12 miles. I saw the new Posted signs. What is TVRC?

ac

11. mattybfat

I will take a stab
    Tranquility valley religious cult

12. fidodie

fidodie Well-Known Member Staff Member

13. Kirt

Kirt JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM Team MTBNJ Halter's JORBA.ORG

14. rick81721

rick81721 Well-Known Member

Ha that's where I ended up. Was I in danger of being kidnapped and brainwashed?

I also saw yellow no trespassing signs on both sides of a green marked trail - main reason I ended up where I did.

15. mattybfat

Sounds like the cult has become over zealous. Maybe a new Jim Jones is brewing.

rick81721 likes this.
  16. rlb

rlb Well-Known Member

What did the signs say?

17. avc8130

avc8130 Member

POSTED NO TRESPASSING...TVRC or something like that.

18. ReggieHammond

ReggieHammond Well-Known Member

Crazy thing is I never knew they had this FB page; thank you for the heads up.

I saw this as well this past weekend. Matt is right on the money as they seem a bit overzealous with their version of the property line.

19. trailhead

trailhead JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock JORBA.ORG

20. rlb

rlb Well-Known Member

The issue is whether or not the green trail goes onto their property? The property boundaries shown on that site are a general representation and do not show the exact locations. A property survey would be needed to determine that.