Allamuchy North Conditions

Tonight, we rode the Ditch Cardiac>>Ditch Cardiac Bypass>>back to the Tranquility trailhead via the Waterloo/517 trail.. did this loop in the CCW direction. From the above reports: Found and cleared this "bunch of new stuff down on Ditch/Cardiac connector just uphill from the switchback and candyass connector intersection. At least 4 or 5 Ash that came down across the trail". We passed the one on the rock roller but it was already removed (but got one small one nearby). Then we got that big 2' Diam one suspended high above the trail and another major blockage just downhill of it. Also made a few safety tuneups here and there. See waypoints and pics. Much thanks to Dennis K for the assist.
I’m so envious that you guys live nearby. Stephen’s and mooch have become my riding home in the last decade. I would certainly help more if I were near.

So much thanks to the builders who built the insane legacy trails there.

Today's 3hr "After work" chainsaw mission loop started/ended from the gate at the end of Cranberry Ledge Road. I lost track of how many things I cleared, but I was lucky to get out of there before dark. I rolled back to the car completely exhausted. On my attached waypoint list, I marked my clockwise route with green. The bummer was running out of time, and being forced to leave behind several targets that were fairly close proximity. Next time. Thanks to Kevin D for much of the intel. Next focus would be on Ice Cream, Friggin Middle and Lumpy Bumpy, which just might wrap up the known (to me) targets.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    323.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Today's 3hr "After work" chainsaw mission loop started/ended from the gate at the end of Cranberry Ledge Road. I lost track of how many things I cleared, but I was lucky to get out of there before dark. I rolled back to the car completely exhausted. On my attached waypoint list, I marked my clockwise route with green. The bummer was running out of time, and being forced to leave behind several targets that were fairly close proximity. Next time. Thanks to Kevin D for much of the intel. Next focus would be on Ice Cream, Friggin Middle and Lumpy Bumpy, which just might wrap up the known (to me) targets.
Time for an ebike.

Time for an ebike.
I'm already using an Orbea Rise H15 E-bike It's the only way to do this, short of an actual motorcycle. I tried an analog bike early on and was only able to go 2 or 3 Miles before complete exhaustion set in. Keep in mind I'm 61 years old with fake hips and a very bad knee. I'm carting around a 30-40lb pack, depending on the chosen saw. I must admit the new stronger full powered e-bikes are looking mighty attractive these days though.

Sorry, just saw this now! Looks like it was downhill a bit from where I remembered? Anyway, thanks for all the work you put in out there!
Thanks. Got 'em. It didn't take much snooping around to find it. But I'll have to come back to get the ash that was cracked but still standing, which will fall sooner than later. I regret not dropping it while I was there. .

I'm already using an Orbea Rise H15 E-bike It's the only way to do this, short of an actual motorcycle. I tried an analog bike early on and was only able to go 2 or 3 Miles before complete exhaustion set in. Keep in mind I'm 61 years old with fake hips and a very bad knee. I'm carting around a 30-40lb pack, depending on the chosen saw. I must admit the new stronger full powered e-bikes are looking mighty attractive these days though.
Many thanks!. Im on an H15 as well. sooooo much better when traveling with gear PS the pack I asked you about is fantastic.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions