Allaire State park is closed to all users until further notice

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
It would be in our best interest if we try to dispel the standard perception the a lot of folks have of us.
except we kind of all know this is just a power play. lets hope it ends Tuesday.

mtbiker87

Can't fight the government?..Really?...The weekend before the 4th and we speak like this? This country was created by folks who died..fighting..and conquering, their oppressive government. We honor the men and women upon who's sacrifices this nation was built in just a few short days, and it's my guess they would scoff at such statements of submission and cowardice from those who now live in the country their blood was spilled to create. I understand the counter argument, and it has merit to be sure, but as long as we let those we elect run roughshod over our rights as tax paying citizens, and fold so easily to their self serving whims, they will see no reason to continue to act other wise. Perhaps then, its time to stop bitching and start a revolution. ~ I shall now get off my political soap box and see myself out so we can get back to much more enjoyable subject of bikes~

Dingo

I took the opportunity to ride a place out of the norm.

Wednesday, however is a different story.

bigtwin100

Can't fight the government?..Really?...The weekend before the 4th and we speak like this? This country was created by folks who died..fighting..and conquering, their oppressive government. We honor the men and women upon who's sacrifices this nation was built in just a few short days, and it's my guess they would scoff at such statements of submission and cowardice from those who now live in the country their blood was spilled to create. I understand the counter argument, and it has merit to be sure, but as long as we let those we elect run roughshod over our rights as tax paying citizens, and fold so easily to their self serving whims, they will see no reason to continue to act other wise. Perhaps then, its time to stop bitching and start a revolution. ~ I shall now get off my political soap box and see myself out so we can get back to much more enjoyable subject of bikes~
This is a little too dramatic and shame on you for comparing loses and blood spilled to not being able to ride our mountain bikes at allaire. You're an idiot. There will be no revolution. In fact i bet you wouldn't say shit if the opportunity presented itself. Just abide by the rules for a couple days and STFU

mtbiker87

It is our elected officials who are the idiots, and if you wish to include me in their ranks than you are sadly mistaken. I don't understand how my comments offend you, as we both fight the same fight my friend. Shame on you as well though, for not understanding our nations history, the analogy I was making, and for being a bit of a hypocrite as well. I seem to remember you being quite outspoken at times concerning the fight for access to Watchung. Do I not have the same right to say my piece as well? So continue with your attempts to insult my intelligence if it makes you feel better, but while you sit home at the whim of these pompous windbags in Trenton, I'll be out ridding my bike, on the public land paid for with both of our taxes. I'll leave it here, and say nothing more on this subject, as it was not my intent to start a confrontation with members of my own community.

FitmanNJ

Ok, I can't resist. When you start comparing, or even mentioning in the same paragraph, taking a stand against unfair closure of mountain bike venues to the sacrifice of life to do such things as stop the spread of Nazi Germany, you really need to check your perspective. You can say whatever you wish -- free speech IS a right in our country. Mountain biking on a given public land, however, is a privilege. You're granted that privilege by the land managers.

If you can cite one example where telling the Governor to "F" himself, breaking the law by covertly riding closed trails, or insulting land managers or park personnel in public Internet posts has lead to increased longterm legal access to trails, I'd love to hear it. I can definitely cite one instance in just the last month where actions like the above were directly or broadly responsible for the continued closure of a trail system as explained in the lengthy statement of Freeholder Bergen regarding Watchung Reservation.

When persons ride Six Mile without helmets, risking serious injury or death in a crash, because they want to shove the helmet recommendations up the A$$ of the safety softies (hey, power to the people, it's our right!), ask @jdog if he thinks access to Six Mile could be rescinded by the land managers -- or if access is a right that we all have in perpetuity as taxpayers.

We definitely have the right to fight unjust government action. I'm all for effective dissent. I just see no evidence that inflammatory behavior has been effective in obtaining increased legal mtb access to trails -- and I have seen evidence of a real downside.

trener1

I totally agree that we should stay off the trails for a few days or at least try to hit up some County parks.
However at the same time, I can't totally discount mtbiker87's line of thinking, no this isn't a life or death situation or a serious situation, but the having all of the state parks that we pay for closed, while at the exact same moment the governor and his family are using said parks just seems very much un-american and more like something you would expect to see in some dictatership.

bigtwin100

It is our elected officials who are the idiots, and if you wish to include me in their ranks than you are sadly mistaken. I don't understand how my comments offend you, as we both fight the same fight my friend. Shame on you as well though, for not understanding our nations history, the analogy I was making, and for being a bit of a hypocrite as well. I seem to remember you being quite outspoken at times concerning the fight for access to Watchung. Do I not have the same right to say my piece as well? So continue with your attempts to insult my intelligence if it makes you feel better, but while you sit home at the whim of these pompous windbags in Trenton, I'll be out ridding my bike, on the public land paid for with both of our taxes. I'll leave it here, and say nothing more on this subject, as it was not my intent to start a confrontation with members of my own community.
Tell you what you let us all know how you make out when you storm the castle im sure Christy will listen to you because its you. You're all talk and you will not do a damn thing. While i sit home?? I dont think think so I just know that this is a dead end road that wont go anywhere nut here. Insult your intelligence? If you want to take it that way go ahead we all know you are dramatic. Sorry i even said anything but so tired of blow hards like yourself.

bigtwin100

I totally agree that we should stay off the trails for a few days or at least try to hit up some County parks.
However at the same time, I can't totally discount mtbiker87's line of thinking, no this isn't a life or death situation or a serious situation, but the having all of the state parks that we pay for closed, while at the exact same moment the governor and his family are using said parks just seems very much un-american and more like something you would expect to see in some dictatership.
I really do agree but there us absolutely nothing we can do about it. Nothing.

bigtwin100

Ok, I can't resist. When you start comparing, or even mentioning in the same paragraph, taking a stand against unfair closure of mountain bike venues to the sacrifice of life to do such things as stop the spread of Nazi Germany, you really need to check your perspective. You can say whatever you wish -- free speech IS a right in our country. Mountain biking on a given public land, however, is a privilege. You're granted that privilege by the land managers.

If you can cite one example where telling the Governor to "F" himself, breaking the law by covertly riding closed trails, or insulting land managers or park personnel in public Internet posts has lead to increased longterm legal access to trails, I'd love to hear it. I can definitely cite one instance in just the last month where actions like the above were directly or broadly responsible for the continued closure of a trail system as explained in the lengthy statement of Freeholder Bergen regarding Watchung Reservation.

When persons ride Six Mile without helmets, risking serious injury or death in a crash, because they want to shove the helmet recommendations up the A$$ of the safety softies (hey, power to the people, it's our right!), ask @jdog if he thinks access to Six Mile could be rescinded by the land managers -- or if access is a right that we all have in perpetuity as taxpayers.

We definitely have the right to fight unjust government action. I'm all for effective dissent. I just see no evidence that inflammatory behavior has been effective in obtaining increased legal mtb access to trails -- and I have seen evidence of a real downside.
Thank you Fitman you are one of the few here who get it and this was very well written. This is what i wanted to say if i was smarter and could write better :)

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
IMG_3200.JPG

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This is a little too dramatic and shame on you for comparing loses and blood spilled to not being able to ride our mountain bikes at allaire. You're an idiot. There will be no revolution. In fact i bet you wouldn't say shit if the opportunity presented itself. Just abide by the rules for a couple days and STFU

please attack the concept that the person is presenting, and not the person.

---

and this debate better placed in the NJ State Gov is Closed thread.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Also unless things get opened by tomorrow the Tuesday ride will need to be canceled.
The lot had yellow tape across it Saturday afternoon and yesterday real early this means no Tuesday night ride...

Frank

Sasquatch
I must say that I agree with everyone's opinions here, and I am equally outraged. I just wish we, as a community, would show a little more respect and maturity. Yesterday, I saw a line of cars parked along Hospital Rd., the tape torn down and cars parked in the lot, and others parking at any available spot on park property. This is spitting in the face of park police who have the sad task of enforcing a rule that they probably don't agree with. If we have issues in the future, they will remember this, let's not even think they will continue to turn a blind eye to folk poaching the park for their night rides. I hope you are proud of yourselves. Let's try to be a little smarter and park off site so we don't appear to be the spoiled and entitled users we actually are.

FitmanNJ

The Governor definitely likes playing political hardball, and a lot of innocent persons are getting dinged in the process.

Gnick

C'mon folks post your rants elsewhere. And ride at one of the many other great parks that ARE open to the public. Maybe take this time to challenge yourself and try something new. I vote for Mahlon Dickerson. But many others are also open.
i hear what you're saying here, but i live in south jersey and Allaire is close to me with countless miles of challenging terrain. i realize that you have tons of options where you live, but the closest trail to me that isn't a state park is well over an hours drive. i'd rather not do that in holiday weekend traffic and pay the tolls. i've got limited time and resources.

with that being said. i think its ridiculous that people would rip the tape down and park in the lot. that's not cool.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions