Fun ride today, rolled into the lot at 10 and got a spot right in front. Ended up throwing together a green Transition SS with soft brakes, so the first few were soft miles. Only my 3rd time here but quickly found some fun stuff. Even when I got lost in the lower boggy section it was interesting. Caught up with @rottin' s group back at the lot and did Pink on the other side.
Allaire's 9 mins beyond my normal max drive time, but was well worth it. Thanks to the mtbnj crew for hosting and great seeing familiar faces and new ones.
Funny you ask. I knew I had to work in the first part of the morning so I didn't bother posting up earlier. But fortune was on my side and I was able to wrap up about 10. I grabbed the Domahidy that I put the longer fork from my other bike and figured I'd at least get a proper shake down ride in... See, I forgot to write down my settings before I had It re-built, so a shake down was in order. Anywho, I get there about 11:20ish and as expected, parking had spilled out all the way down where hospital road turns into easy street. No worries, spot squeezed into, unload bike air up the tires a bit and off I go. For about 10 feet. Whoa, WTF? The steering is fubar'd. I must have over tightened the headset preload. No biggie, loosen the stem bolts, retention the headset, check for play in the fork top tube junction, tighten the stem bolts, hop on, and....Shit. It's then that I remember that I never replaced the crown race on the swapped fork to one compatible with the headset....FSA and Chris King do not play nice together. I, am a f@cking moron! In a last ditch effort to save the ride I run over to Brielle (real good bunch of folks at the shop btw), but no dice. ... Then, rain. With all hope of a ride lost... I drive over to Halters and do what I should have done in the first place, order the proper part(s). I did wave to the hoard as I drove past....though.
Man what a great day out there yesterday.
Another awesome turnout.
We ran out of fingers and toes, but our estimate was 45-50 for the MTBNJ ride, and what, another 20-25 groms for the junior/NICA ride?
Man that's just great.
Who says disco is dead?
Shout out to the leads and sweeps- @Mitch's buddy Greg taking the fast kids out, @ChrisG and @Mare45 herding the intermediate cats, and @rottin' leading the beginner ride, and @KenS leading out the groms (I think?).
My day began with Mr G's ride.
About a third of the way through, I realized the pace was a tad spirited for my current fitness (fatness?) level, so I popped off and swept for @rottin'.
Met some new peeps- welcome yo!
Perfect day for a ride.
If you are one of the 3 people on the board that didn't make it- hope to see you next time!
1. Man what a great day out there yesterday.
2. About a third of the way through, I realized the pace was a tad spirited for my current fitness (fatness?) level, so I popped off and swept for @rottin'.
3. Perfect day for a ride.
4. If you are one of the 3 people on the board that didn't make it- hope to see you next time!
5. Some pics, because peeps like pics. My selfie game sucks.
1. Indeed! Awesome, awesome day on bikes!
2. You are not fat.
3. Indeed! Awesome, awesome day on bikes!
4. Yeah, what the? Well, you would've had trouble parking anyway, so hope to see next time around.
5. Thanks for the pics! I like your selfies. We all can't be @Mitch and that's ok. Could you imagine what it would be like if we had a bunch of Meetch (is that the plural of @Mitch?) running around? Oy vey!