Allaire Conditions

Frank

Sasquatch
I am pleased to report that Allaire fared well against Irene. The trail work held up nicely and we now have very little standing water. We did, however, have a lot of downed trees and limbs....it will be a while before the park is 100% derailleur safe. We have worked the last 2 nights clearing trail, and we will meet again tomorrow to take care of River and Tiger blow downs. If we have a large enough crew, we may just get across the street as well. Get out and ride even though it's too sandy!

Frank

Sasquatch
9-9-11 Allaire should be dry enough to ride today. There will still be plenty of debris that was left over from Irene, so watch your deraileaur. If you do ride and see any new blow-downs, please report back.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
9/11/11. Allaire was in great shape this morning. I rode, wheels down around 6:45 am. The treads were perfect and fast, the roots were a little slippery.
:)

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I disagree. Although the trail crew did a great job cleaning up the mess, the trails are beat on. I've been riding there for 20 years and I cant ever remember them being in worse condition.

Im not here to bash the park, but if anyone is considering makeing a trip here, dont expect 'great conditions', they simply dont exist at this point.

Frank

Sasquatch
I disagree. Although the trail crew did a great job cleaning up the mess, the trails are beat on. I've been riding there for 20 years and I cant ever remember them being in worse condition.

Im not here to bash the park, but if anyone is considering makeing a trip here, dont expect 'great conditions', they simply dont exist at this point.

I here ya bro. There was a shit ton of water flowing on those trails. I was more amazed at the lack of gullies in my assessment. We need to do some work, but the conditions are not critical. We'll get her patched up.:)

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Im down for whenever, just text me a few hours prior.
Emoticon_digging.gif

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
I've only been riding @ Allaire for a couple of years but......We did a 14 mile loop and had a great ride, We even rode Tiger Woods. There were some patches of deep sand here and there but nothing out of the ordinary for Allaire. Considering the condition most parks in NJ are in at the moment, Allaire is in good shape ;)
JM2C

Last edited:

Stash

With Allaire being flat and sandy to begin with and now being washed out people should just skip the park. I had a terrible time there Saturday with no one there. The trail maintenance crew are truly great though.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let's try to remain on point with the conditions threads. Thanks :)

Biker Dude

Echo...

Was that last post an echo?

Was that last post an echo?

Was at Allaire last Saturday morning and conditions were very good. Definitely some sand but that's to be expected there. Considering the rain / wind beat down we've had over the last month, I was impressed.

Went down to the river on 'Coke' trail, which I guess is a rogue trail. It was not good down there. Huge trees down, almost all the bridges were washed away and I fell full body in the mud at the first skinnie at the bottom of the hill to get to the trail.

Frank

Sasquatch
OK, you are all right aaaand wrong. But I think I'll lean towards FFT's assessment after a ride there tonight. There is more sand on the trails than I've seen in years, many years. Thanks to the tons of water that fell from the storms, we need to rally on this park for tm this month. Luckily we already had one scheduled for Sunday anyway, so we will hopefully split into many groups and clear nicks, and dunes from the trails.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
The top of tiger closest to make-out point is in real bad shape. Any plans to reroute that stretch? I'm sure there's a lot going on but its about to give up..

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
if it is the gravel drop in with the right turn at the entrance by the switchback then yes Frank has mapped a reroute that adds some distance and keeps the "tiger woods feel" but we are waiting until chigger season is over..

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Great news mike. That's about the only section back there that's beyond repair.

Frank

Sasquatch
The top of tiger closest to make-out point is in real bad shape. Any plans to reroute that stretch? I'm sure there's a lot going on but its about to give up..

if it is the gravel drop in with the right turn at the entrance by the switchback then yes Frank has mapped a reroute that adds some distance and keeps the "tiger woods feel" but we are waiting until chigger season is over..

Great news mike. That's about the only section back there that's beyond repair.

Yep, yep and yep. We have that re-route planned and a River trail alternate in the planning stages as well. :)

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
9-20-11 a++

I rode here on Wed afternoon. All trails are in great shape. Sundays TM cleaned up most of the soft spots. Serpentine, Glass, Steelman, Switchback are sand FREE. I would say that the trails are in some of the finest shape of this season.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions