Allaire Conditions

Rode Allaire yesterday afternoon. Of course it was quite crowded given the temps. Most of it was actually dry - a few muddy spots on the Orange trail heading out that required slow speed or hike-a-bike to preserve the trail. Blue, White, Hog Bog and anything leaf-covered was fine.

The bigger problem by far was the many, many skid marks - some really dug into the soft ground or mud. I myself do not go fast enough or brake hard enough to skid. I don't really get the whole fascination with it - but it was noticeable to the point of being annoying yesterday.

I have seen this as well and I what I see is as soon as your rear tire is not rolling you have no control. won't be riding here for another few days as it poured all night and still is :( hope to get out new years day...

Hmm, any idea on conditions for today, Wednesday? No real rain lately, just moist and thinking at least most of the trails would be OK.
thanks
MM

It's slick. The leafy trails are pretty OK. The straightaway on Orange-White is a mess. I encountered maybe 5 puddles or so here and there, if you aren't flying you can steer clear of them.

Probably a mess after the rain we got last night.... anyone hiking the trails this morning that can report?

I stopped in yesterday afternoon, it was a mess. Then we had more rain last night. My vote would be to stay out.

A note to others, just because the whole trail is not saturated does not mean that the trail is suitable for riding. Generally poor conditions are defined as the silty/loamy areas are too wet, which is where we are now.

If it sounds like you are riding a sponge, you should not be out there. It should be better tomorrow evening, with trails like tiger, River, micks, glass, steelman (basically all the single track) becoming better by Saturday/Sunday (unless we get a freeze).

It sucks with the warm temps we should be able to ride but the damn rain is getting in the way :( I have been hitting the path with my wife so it is not a loss...

At least I get to ride during lunch at work. .. but 150ft elevation in 17 miles of riding doesn't get the endorphins pumping

Conditions at 07:00 were quite crunchy and alone by 08:30 the place started to get crowded but I was on my way out anyway...

But do the owners have to give them milk of magnesia before a trail ride?

Keyshawn.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions