Allaire bulldozer work on white & blue trails

rev bubba

I was at Allaire on Thursday and a bulldozer was making parts of the white and blue trails into a single or double lane dirt road. The part I'm referring to was probably a double track last week but what is being done is more than working on double track. I followed the new road to the power lines outside the park.

Any idea what's going on? I've been riding there more than usual this season and was surprised at what was or still is going on.

Rogers

All the work was done on the existing fire roads and has no impact on any of the single track. I believe it was all done for safety reasons so that fire trucks and ambulances can get back there. Those roads haven't been maintained for as long as I can remember. Come spring you won't even notice it. The ATUG park representative has been contacted so as soon as we hear back we'll post up.

giff06

We rode the park today. Whoever made the decision to bulldoze the existing fire roads in the park had certainly never set foot on those roads. It was certainly a poor and mis informed decision. I do not see this as an improvevement and as far as emergency vehicle access is concerned it seems a waste of State money. I cannot imagine that any one of us could not have driven a non 4 WD vehicle on any one of those roads. You preach to us to take only photos and leave only foot prints and then do this? WTF????
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

OK, OK, rant over............

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
we talked with the park police today and he said the forestry service had some issues bringing the trucks back last year when the did the controlled burns. that prompted the opening of the service roads and to be quite honest that is not a bad thing this way they can get back with EMS people if it is ever needed of course some of our landmarks have been changed but we will relearn the turns..

giff06

The one road that needs it is the fishermans road back by Hog Bog and Switchback, which incidentally is where the controlled burn was this spring( if I remember correctly) and that wasn't touched.
Ed

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions