Allaire beginner rides return

dvaidya

While there are no age restrictions we do ask the the parent be present.
We have split off to ride more tame trails when it is needed.
As for skills clinics there are some that are listed on the board that you can look into how old is your child?
Normally there are a few family type rides through out the season as well and they will get posted up on the different forums.

Thx for the information Mike. I will keep an eye on the board. Age is 14 never ridden off trail so definitely skills clinic would be good. I am a rank beginner also and I would join the clinic.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Well it looks as of now the storms are not going to be an issue for tonight's ride so we hope to see everyone at Allaire...

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
20150609_181200.jpg
Tonight's Group Start..

Schilling

Team MTBNJ Halter's
fun ride tonight.
in my haste to make it there on time i forgot to grab my gear bag. big shout out to @StanInTheVan for hooking me up with a helmet and saving my ride. thank you!

Last edited:

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
What a great ride tonight I guess the dome was in place. good to see Stan back out on the trails...

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Awesome ride tonight. Thanks everyone for being so supportive of my son JT, he had an absolute blast. That was his first time riding in a group like that and he even surprised me about mid way through with the confidence he built and the pace he was keeping! Those little legs started to slow down around mile 7 but he still had fun giving it his all. He's looking forward to next week and said he's not going to get stuck "at the end of the long climb" (end of coming up switchbacks) next week.... he almost had it today.

Johnny Utah

Awesome ride tonight. Thanks everyone for being so supportive of my son JT, he had an absolute blast. That was his first time riding in a group like that and he even surprised me about mid way through with the confidence he built and the pace he was keeping! Those little legs started to slow down around mile 7 but he still had fun giving it his all. He's looking forward to next week and said he's not going to get stuck "at the end of the long climb" (end of coming up switchbacks) next week.... he almost had it today.

I cannot get over how quick he is!

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Lol you should've seen the looks we got when he was 3 years old zipping around the Manasquan reservoir passing kids 2 to 3 times his age (he was just over 2 when he started riding). The kids a natural. ... I may need to get one of them controversial ebikes to keep up with him once he's big enough for a full size frame!

DJTECH

ATUG FB page says - With the rain we have had and the threat of storms tonight we are going to cancel the Tuesday night ride tonight. Hope to see you all next week.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
think we will be riding tonight?
I personally need to know by 430-500
TWC seems to say no :(

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
All,
once again we are going to have to cancel the ride tonight all the weather sources are calling for severe thunder storms to roll through the area.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Well we did get a storm that rolled in was it severe ? Not in Brick it wasn't, but there was lighting so it did qualify as a thunder storm...

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Just west of Allaire looked ugly but didn't get hit with much of anything. Definitely wouldn't have wanted to be in the woods though! I'm thinking we escaped with minimal rain

njmb

Going to come tonight for the first time with 2 friends, we rode Allaire for the first time 2 weeks ago on the orange trail and came back for seconds last week. Also did the trail that goes from the back of lot around to the airplane field with the wooden platforms. Would love to learn some new trails because we see so many spider off. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Going to come tonight for the first time with 2 friends, we rode Allaire for the first time 2 weeks ago on the orange trail and came back for seconds last week. Also did the trail that goes from the back of lot around to the airplane field with the wooden platforms. Would love to learn some new trails because we see so many spider off. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
if you have a smart phone there is an app called maprika from that you can bring down maps for different parks one of the cool features is it will put a dot on the map where you are...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions