Allaire beginner rides return

njmark

Professional Cyclist
I'm torn on whether I should burn a vacation day to make the first one of the season or just waiting till next Tuesday. Some people wait for beach weather, I look forward to Tuesday night allaire weather.

Ghundi

I'm hoping to make it this Tuesday the 14th with my brother. I saw it may rain, but I hear allaire drains pretty fast??

Frank

Sasquatch
Yes, Allaire drains well. But we will monitor how the rain plays out because we don't want to drag 20-30 bikes through soft conditions.

ADKmike

Will this thread be the spot where we find out if this is happening tonight or not? (first-timer here)

Thanks

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Yes this is the place we will post up by 3:00 pm if we are canceling the ride as of now they had called for the rain to start very early which it would have ended and dried out.
now it looks like we are either not going to get a lot of rain or it is going to hit around 2ish... it is not a matter of getting wet but doing damage to the trails.

ADKmike

Yes this is the place we will post up by 3:00 pm if we are canceling the ride as of now they had called for the rain to start very early which it would have ended and dried out.
now it looks like we are either not going to get a lot of rain or it is going to hit around 2ish... it is not a matter of getting wet but doing damage to the trails.

Gotcha - OK cool, I live 10-15 mins away so finding out later on, no big deal...just got a new bike and haven't been on it yet aside from my neighborhood to test run it after assembly so I'm looking forward to this.

-Mike

Johnny Utah

We may be okay.........anyone been out? As RobW said, there were getting perty dry over the weekend.

I will post up when the rain stops in Toms River.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
So far my people in brick tell me it rained a bit but has stopped.
in tinton falls it rained around ten the has not done much since.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Generally, how long are the rides on Tuesday...just curious
depends on sunset. So as the summer progresses the rides get a little longer. Average time 1 1/2 hours. If you need to leave early, there is usually someone available to lead you back to the lot. If that is a concern, I can take you back this time.

ADKmike

depends on sunset. So as the summer progresses the rides get a little longer. Average time 1 1/2 hours. If you need to leave early, there is usually someone available to lead you back to the lot. If that is a concern, I can take you back this time.
No need to leave early - just need a ballpark dinner time estimate for my wife haha....thanks for the offer though!

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Ok,
so looking out side and from what I have heard we are on for tonight...
we normally ride for an hour or so so figure tonight we should be out by 7:30.
if you need to leave early that is no problem if needed we will get you back to the lot.
Reread the above posts and what she said...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
SIL enjoyed the ride tonight. It was good to get her out with a group so she can get more experience. I'm thinking an afternoon or morning at one of Ben's skills clinics would do her some good.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
SIL enjoyed the ride tonight. It was good to get her out with a group so she can get more experience. I'm thinking an afternoon or morning at one of Ben's skills clinics would do her some good.

Glad she had fun, and I agree his clinic would help a bunch!
Apologies to the group for my extra level of boisterousness last night, I was driving on LOTS of VERY strong coffee :oops:
It was nice meeting some new people and seeing the usual again.
I was pleased to see Dustin again, hope you and the SIL come out again. Was doubly delighted to see Ben :)
As usual a fun ride.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions