All Mountain Riding in Tourne?

Big C

I saw that there were some AM trails in the tourne up at the top. are these bikeable?

Last edited:

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Big C, based on your posts here and elsewhere, I do appreciate your enthusiasm, but I'll be brutally honest with you, since nobody else seems to have quite spelled it out for you. I am 99.99999% certain that a legal all-mountain/dh trail like what you want to build will ever ever ever happen in a public park NJ. There is just too much red tape and insurance issues to make it happen.

The reason why older folks who may have connections to public land managers and trail building in NJ aren't jumping up at your ideas and saying "awesome, let me help you!" is because they know that it's a waste of time. I won't say stop trying, but I think you deserve to hear this before you get too excited.

Having said that, you will find some drops at Ringwood, Sourlands and some other parks up North. I would say Sourlands, Sprain and Blue Mountain can be considered "all-mountain" parks, but not like Diablo where you're shuttling your bike up and coming down fast with banks and jumps at high speeds. Six Mile Run has a few small berms and small jumps, but it's mostly a XC trail. You will find a pump track at Alexandria. There are also some gnarly (for me) dirt jumps at Cunningham Park, as well as small jumps thrown in through-out the trails. There is a very short sort of "freeride" run at Highbridge in NYC. If those are not enough for you, I will say that you are pretty much out of luck, unless you head to a ski-resort like Diablo or can get hook-ups elsewhere.

I also seem to recall a public park in Eastern PA off route 80 that has a bunch of jumps and is fit for a long travel bike, but can't recall what park it was.

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also seem to recall a public park in Eastern PA off route 80 that has a bunch of jumps and is fit for a long travel bike, but can't recall what park it was.

Glenn Park in Stroudsburg is exactly what your looking for. The Tourne really :eek: that is just asking for trouble. Hook up with guys like a.s. and nomad on the site they do group rides localy that hit the stunts and fun. OR learn to pedal up the damn hillz son...

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmmmmm???

So on my morning ride (yes - I am riding in the morning - shocker) I climbed up to the top and took one of the usual old beat trails down the middle. Let's just say the beavers have been working their way up from the valley. I bombed that sh!t like it was the last day on earth. This is great, I love it, but it won't last once the wind reaches the right nose. For now :getsome:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmmmmm???

So on my morning ride (yes - I am riding in the morning - shocker) I climbed up to the top and took one of the usual old beat trails down the middle. Let's just say the beavers have been working their way up from the valley. I bombed that sh!t like it was the last day on earth. This is great, I love it, but it won't last once the wind reaches the right nose. For now :getsome:

What time were you up there? I was there too, but it was 6 am and I was still a bit sleepy...so I took the road back down. I did notice the "cleaning" the last time I was up there though.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw your ride in the base up your face. We were about 1.2 hrs appart. I waited until I could see my hand in front of my face.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/149563397

There are 2 nice drops at the top and couple of other well placed launches, looks like 2 different lines to boot. I might have to bring back the old ridge drop off - not hard but if you fall left you fall about 15 feet.

Big C

its been a while and i ealize thatb this idea is ridiculous. sorry i was annoying everyone.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions