Air Travel with a bicycle

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Funny, I'm in AZ assembling my two bikes right now.

Post carry 135l case. Size medium 5010. I removed the shock link bolt so I could swing the rear triangle inward to make the length shorter. Both wheels/tires fit snug in the wheel sleeves.

Post Carry 150l case. Size medium Tallboy. Removed shock link bolt just as above. 29" wheels fit in the sleeves!! 2.3 Minion on the front, 2.3 Fat Albert on the rear.

It's clear the 150l case has a little more frame room. But the fact that the wheels fit with tires is huge to me.

Checked in as luggage on United, no bike/extra-size fees.

Turbotrix

Funny, I'm in AZ assembling my two bikes right now.

Post carry 135l case. Size medium 5010. I removed the shock link bolt so I could swing the rear triangle inward to make the length shorter. Both wheels/tires fit snug in the wheel sleeves.

Post Carry 150l case. Size medium Tallboy. Removed shock link bolt just as above. 29" wheels fit in the sleeves!! 2.3 Minion on the front, 2.3 Fat Albert on the rear.

It's clear the 150l case has a little more frame room. But the fact that the wheels fit with tires is huge to me.

Checked in as luggage on United, no bike/extra-size fees.

Sweet! Thank you for the info. This is exactly what I was looking for. I think I'm going with the Post 150L.

grilledcheeseking

In case anybody is still looking for a point of reference, I finally loaded up for the first time a large El Mariachi in large airport ninja -- it's a tight fit on account of the 29x2.25 tires.

Make sure all the compression straps on the bag are loose and it's workable. ~10 psi in the tires may have helped, or it just may make me wish I have a floor pump when I get there.

Traveled with an unpainted SSXC in the same bag before, that was relatively stress free packing, ha.

Top Bottom