Achilles tendon issue.

Karate Monkey

I also hurt the tendon that supports my arch. It runs along the inside of your ankle. How are you feeling now? How many weeks did it take for you to fully recover?

Well, I waited too long to get the pain checked out. By that point, the tendon had already partially calcified. That process can't be reversed...end result is a permanent tender spot on the inside of the achilles. I can do everything anyone else can, and can continue to do so, but the pain will be with me forever. It's a dull roar most of the time, but I would estimate it took 3-4 weeks of exercising (but doing nothing else) for the foot to feel 'normal'. For a period of time, it would be agony to stand on it after getting up from bed in the morning...now I'd say there are 1-in-7 days where that's the case, rather than 7-in-7. That was nigh on 7 years ago now. I still see stars if I happen to bump it on something when I'm barefoot.

I'm a big believer in physical therapy (aka physical torture), now. Keeping up with exercising damaged areas does wonders for stabilizing the damaged part and letting you get back to your life. The trick is, you really need an expert opinion on what you can do. As noted higher up in the thread, what works for everyone isn't always the right thing for you. If you have an almost full-thickness tear, for instance (which would show up on an x-ray/MRI), it wouldn't be wise to stretch aggressively.

Top Bottom