Access from Pickell Park?

hexmonkey

I live near the Rt 523 and Dreahook intersection, and I'm trying to find an easy way to get to the trails around/near RV or Cushetunk. The parking lot from Railroad Ave for Cushetunk is doable, but it seems like the ride home might be a bit long after the uphill-both-ways trails.

It seems from this post (linked below) that there was a pink-ribbon marked trail; does anyone know if that trail still exists and where it leads?

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15449

Brian Sipler

Directions Are My Thing
Hi hexmonkey, I hiked that trail in June of 2010. I don't remember pink ribbon but there were blue trail markers, and the trail went from the ball fields into open fields and then into the woods. You then came to the power lines. The blue trail then starts climbing Cushetunk Mountain. It got really steep so I gave up. I hope to try it again when my legs are in better shape.

Brian

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Brian has it. It parallels the power lines and RR tracks from Whitehouse Station. It gets overgrown in summer though.

DargSide

What about going up the access road on dreahook and go around the fence, I've been doing that since I was10

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I've done the Dreahook one, it's not that bad. Parking at Pickell adds some more adventuring, less driving and no HAB. Hmmmm

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The fence is on private property, so just be careful with access from East Dreahook.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions