[a very large proportion of] drivers of large pick up trucks drive like complete a-holes

Ok a few weeks after the op and I’ve checked out the bmw Audi comments and have made two observations:

1) wow. There are a LOT of Audi’s and bmws on the road

2) yes a disproportionate number of them drive like complete a-holes (changing lanes, tailgating, etc). So the reputation seems deserved

I've pretty regularly found mustang drivers to be real asshats. Been noticing this for decades (I'm old, yeah :p}.

Just happened to have one ridding my ass this morning. Doing 75 in the right lane, cars in front of me (so I can't go any faster anyway... dude up my ass). Even stupider- the other two lanes were moving faster so there was absolutely nothing to be gained by tailgating me (if I moved over I'd be going faster and he'd still be stuck going "only" 75 in the slow lane. His stupidity trumped his assholeness

Mustang driver here. I assure you I'm not an asshat. In fact, I think there's a lot of assholes out there that want to race me or some shit.

Not to mention the disproportionate number of weirdos at stop lights that want to tell me they like my car. Not creepy at all. (Eye roll)

Mustang driver here. I assure you I'm not an asshat. In fact, I think there's a lot of assholes out there that want to race me or some shit.

Not to mention the disproportionate number of weirdos at stop lights that want to tell me they like my car. Not creepy at all. (Eye roll)
My future ex-wife to be, had a 76 Pontiac Trans Am, back in the day. (yeah I'm that old) Same deal, every stop light was some creep wanting to race, or "nice car" . And that was when I drove it! She always said it was a dick magnet when she owned it. Guess she was correct, this dick married her.

we need counter-measures - like the james bond cars.

i've driven some very heavy trucks - 40' straight trucks loaded with pallets of motor oil.
Drive conservatively, never try to get "one more car length" - i was amazed at what people did with that little extra space that was left.
at that weight, if the truck doesn't go over your car, it is going to drive it into the next solid object.
i can't even imagine driving loaded dump or concrete trucks in the 30 ton range.

I've pretty regularly found mustang drivers to be real asshats. Been noticing this for decades (I'm old, yeah :p}.

Eh I don't see how anyone can distinguish a certain model car being driven by "assholes" in NJ. Pretty much everyone drives like that. I've been tailgated and passed by everything from big-ass trucks to Priuses. If anything, I see more of a rule that the shittier the vehicle, the more assholian is the driver

Tho come to think of it, the biggest asshole I've encountered driving the GT350 was some clown in a BMW, came flying up behind me on BelleMead-Griggstown road, then tried to pass me (no pass zone). Had to leave that chump in the dust

Reactions: rlb
Eh I don't see how anyone can distinguish a certain model car being driven by "assholes" in NJ. Pretty much everyone drives like that. I've been tailgated and passed by everything from big-ass trucks to Priuses. If anything, I see more of a rule that the shittier the vehicle, the more assholian is the driver

It's actually pretty easy. When you drive a lot you see patterns. Sure, I too have seen bad driving behavior from every make and model of car. Old and new. As they say there are assholes in every group. But there is undoubtedly a thing with big pick ups, bmws and audis (and I am sure some others) compared to other cars. A few observations over the last few weeks on other recognizable cars- Subaru, jeep, cooper mini, hyandui (since that's what I got)

Subaru (can't remember observing a single ahole),

jeep (a few, but nowhere close to bmws,etc)

coopers (far less aholes than bmws, etc).

Hyundai (very few if any aholes)

Again, aholes in each group I'm sure but FAR less than bmws etc

What can I say, I get bored when I drive. :)

Lastly I don't think most people drive like aholes. I think 95% are just fine. This whole thread is about the "outlier ahole" - the person that is literally inches from your bumper going 80 in the slow lane, the person doing 70mph in the shoulder for a mile before the exit, the person aggressively changing lanes cutting people off, etc. thankfully that is only (in my estimation) less than 5% of the drivers. But a large percentage of them are driving oversized pickups, bmws and audis.

Last edited:
we need counter-measures - like the james bond cars.

i've driven some very heavy trucks - 40' straight trucks loaded with pallets of motor oil.
Drive conservatively, never try to get "one more car length" - i was amazed at what people did with that little extra space that was left.
at that weight, if the truck doesn't go over your car, it is going to drive it into the next solid object.
i can't even imagine driving loaded dump or concrete trucks in the 30 ton range.
Wouldn't end well in that scenario with this. Full payload rolling at close to 80,000lbs. A wreck and there would be a 50mile diameter evacuation.
P1110793.JPG

I think it tends to be a male thing.

Today's asshole was driving a minivan. I'm approaching a T intersection on my bike, he's at the stop sign. I signal turn left, start to turn, he pulls out. I went down this road before and got T-boned, so this time I whipped around left of him, assuming he's just going to pull out. He slams on the brakes, and I barely elude hitting his rear quarter panel. Shoulda kicked it as I whipped bye but a finger sufficed.

Back
Top Bottom