A summer of Jersey-based beer!!

wonderturtle

This summer May through September) I am only buying Jersey-based beer.

First up: Sun Kissed Citra IPA by Jersey Girl Brewing Co in Hackettstown, NJ

www.jerseygirlbrewing.com

IMG_3757.jpg

wonderturtle

Date night at teak in red bank:

Jughandle hefeweiezen

Jughandle mosiac pale ale

jughangle IPA

IMHO - the weakest was the hefeweizen, it was good but a slightly weird aftertaste. the IPA is good, not outstanding but good.

the clear winner, IMHO, is the mosaic pale ale. like sierra Nevada pale ale but more citrusy (from the hops). as a pale ale (not an IPA) extremely drinkable. of the three this is the one to seek out IMHO.

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had the Jersey Girl rake breaker a few weeks back. Quite possibly the worst beer I've ever had. How was this?

I have never, until now, heard a positive review of that brewery. Every single word uttered has been that it's awful. I've never had it personally.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I have never, until now, heard a positive review of that brewery. Every single word uttered has been that it's awful. I've never had it personally.
I am being a spectator. But maybe it will make not drinking easier to talk about it haha.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's

I had a Rake Breaker I rated 3.5 back in Feb.
I was being generous.

Lots of good Jersey beers. Just not that one.

wonderturtle

I had a Rake Breaker I rated 3.5 back in Feb.
I was being generous.

Lots of good Jersey beers. Just not that one.

this discussion is kinda why I thought to create this thread....discover the good and bad of jersey-based beers.

...but mostly to promote the good ones!!

I thought the citra was good but glad to hear the "warnings" about their other beers. its not too uncommon that a brewery will have some good ones and some duds. long trail (not a jersey brew) is like that...their regular IPA is total shit but their limbo IPA (IMHO) is nearly top-notch

onetracker

My Buddy lives in walking distance to Belford Brewing. Had the Porter during my last visit and it was quite good. Worth a visit!!

Robin

Walking distance to Lone Eagle so when I have a beer it's usually theirs. Brewer is my friends brother, who came up from Dogfish, and every beer I've had is spot on.

Had the Belgium Dark the other night. It was delish.

wonderturtle

Some other jersey beers I've had this summer....
went to a few breweries...
Also went to the following brewpub a few times

Last edited:
Top Bottom