A Note to First Timers Who Registered Since March

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi. And sorry about that.

See, it turns out that our system was broken because of [insert some bullshit excuse you don't care about here] and for a long time, no emails were being sent out to new users. As such, most people who registered were not receiving the confirmation emails. This is a very rudimentary explanation of what really happened, and like Newtonian Physics, is 100% inaccurate but works in 99.99% of the use cases in terms of explanation.

So basically, almost nobody has been approved since March because nobody confirmed their registration.

Many people have been confirmed as of today. We short-cut the email/confirm/approve process and went right to approve. So if you've been frustrated since March wondering why you weren't getting on, now you should be able to.

Sorry about that. Carry on.

GTCHAMPION1

I came in here a couple of months ago & I couldn't post any stuff because I was waiting for approval for over a week... For I second I thought I was not cool enough...lol. But good to know things got straight... PS: love the forum!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I came in here a couple of months ago & I couldn't post any stuff because I was waiting for approval for over a week... For I second I thought I was not cool enough...lol. But good to know things got straight... PS: love the forum!

it was a close vote...

12-hommes-en-colere-1957-01-g.jpg

AndyJ

The trick that appeared to work for me was to change my email address after registering. After a day had passed and I hadn't received an email to confirm my account, I went into my account settings and changed my email address. That seemed to trigger the sending of a confirmation email, since I got it very shortly after that.

Top Bottom