Book of Paul H

is that for the SL or Talon?
much better modulation than the juices
Just took the Talon with the SLX brakes for the first time around the parking lot and yeah... modulation is heck of a lot better but I think the Juicy has more stopping power. The Juicy will throw you OTB at full stop... yes... I'm exaggerating. Maybe im not seeing night and day difference in stopping power because I haven't change the rotors on the Talon. But then again... I got the SLX mostly for the lever reach adjustment so for now, I am a happy camper.:)

Fixed the clutch on the RD and sat there for a bit contemplating to go tubeless in the front on the Talon. Just don't have the energy or the will to do so today... maybe when the tire blows lol

Doesn't look like a grocery getter....

20170327_214111.jpg

get a real rack son, even that POS deserves better.
Truth be told.... I've come full circle in my love affair with the POSS. Started out wanting something I wouldn't give a rats ass about if something happened to it. But due to the work put into it, kinda got attached to it. Then when I found out I've messed up and bent the rear chain stays and drop outs, that emotional bond just deteriorated. Not to mention, the damn thing was so hacked, i actually dont feel safe if i had to go more than 10mph. The rear wheel slips out of the drop outs when under load. It would prolly slip out if i had to climb something like a 10% grade hill. Put on a friction washer? on both sides so its ok on flats.... i think. As you and @1sh0t1b33r warned, mating modernish parts on to an old bike is no easy task. Also during the hacking process, I've scratched the paint to hell.

Pulled off the 10spd 105 drivetrain and on goes the 8spd stuff that I prolly can't give away. In addition, the bike doesn't fit me too well. It's on the small side... not that it would matter for its intent and purposes. I think I'm happier with the way it is now. It now truly lives up to it name POSS. :)

However... I would miss the crank if it got stolen. ;)

I don't think you ever answered, but what wheel did you squeeze in there compared to what it should have had? 130 or 135? Was the 10 speed road or MTB? After going 8spd, does the rear fit properly?

Sometimes you can mate old and newer, but not when you have to modify a frame and make it unsafe. If it shifts like poop, you may need to use a derailleur alignment tool and get it back in line for proper shifting.

I don't think you ever answered, but what wheel did you squeeze in there compared to what it should have had? 130 or 135? Was the 10 speed road or MTB? After going 8spd, does the rear fit properly?

Sometimes you can mate old and newer, but not when you have to modify a frame and make it unsafe. If it shifts like poop, you may need to use a derailleur alignment tool and get it back in line for proper shifting.
Not sure about the exact size but definitely small. Prolly had to stretch it at least 5mm if not more... prolly more. With 10 spd.. initially it would not go into the smallest cog as the chains were rubbing against the drop outs. That's when I added a washer to give it more room. After this, shifted well. Same issue with the 8 spd but just running only 7 gears and lose the 11t. Prolly don't need it anyways.

I initially thought the red/black camo bar tape would look weird.... but I am kinda digging it now

20170411_203802.jpg

20170411_204613.jpg

@soundz if you want, I have a yellow/blue camo tape for your Milano.
I was going to use it on the POSS but since it has a flat bar... I have no use for it now.

Finally finished the PiP.
Kinda look play doh'ish... anyways... some how it ended up with a 10spd clutch RD.
The bike has 26er wheels now but scary part is.. for shits and giggles, i slapped on a 27.5 wheel and it fits... EEK!
I do have a 27.5 air fork.... hmmm....

20170503_190751.jpg

Finally finished the PiP.
Kinda look play doh'ish... anyways... some how it ended up with a 10spd clutch RD.
The bike has 26er wheels now but scary part is.. for shits and giggles, i slapped on a 27.5 wheel and it fits... EEK!
I do have a 27.5 air fork.... hmmm....

20170503_190751.jpg

27.5 fits in the rear? Maybe I shoud have kept it ;) I actually have a M hardtail I'vebeen meaning to see if 27.5 fits. Ideally I want to make it 29.27.5er.

Back
Top Bottom