Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Started working on the POSS. Bend the rear back a bit and it is aligning a little better but needs to be bent slightly more. Another issue I am having is that the rear wheel is slipping out of the dropouts when under load. The dropouts are out of whack and the qr is not sitting squarely against it. I guess I gotta bend that too. Gotta love steel!

I wanted the POSS to have some easier gears so I thought I would go ahead took off the drop bars and road gearing replaced with a straight bar and mtb gearing. I thought I had a complete 9spd mtb stuff but I was missing a shifter. Eh... went ahead and installed 8spd but the chain is rubbing on the frame and getting stuck when on the smallest cog. I think its the bent dropouts. Hopefully bending it back will correct the problem but for now, it will have to run as a 7spd.

20170319_222746.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
3 days of painting the PiP. Just to makes sure all areas are covered and I think I've done that. Tomorrow will start the clear coat and i imagine it will take 3 days for this as well. One thing about clear coat... can't tell if everything is painted. Any tips?

Second... can't decide if the fork should be painted berry pink or just leave it white.

Oh... bled the SLX while I was in the garage. Talon is good to go but just not sure if HM will be good to go this weekend...

Mr.Moto

3 days of painting the PiP. Just to makes sure all areas are covered and I think I've done that. Tomorrow will start the clear coat and i imagine it will take 3 days for this as well. One thing about clear coat... can't tell if everything is painted. Any tips?

Second... can't decide if the fork should be painted berry pink or just leave it white.

Oh... bled the SLX while I was in the garage. Talon is good to go but just not sure if HM will be good to go this weekend...

If I remember correctly, I did a few coats per the can's instructions. Plan a route around the frame getting the tougher inside areas first and then the easier outside surfaces. Note that rattle can paint can take weeks if not months to fully cure since it air dries. I highly recommend baking the frame to insure the paint cures and hardens. I can give you some tips on setting up a cardboard oven. After it dried I did a wet sand if it needed, rubbing and polish compound.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
are those v-brake levers?
how do they work with the road calipers

I never really understood what's the difference b/w the 2. You're basically pulling on the cable. I am using a speed-dial lever with very old DiaComp road calipers on my delivery bike and it seems to work ok.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
If I remember correctly, I did a few coats per the can's instructions. Plan a route around the frame getting the tougher inside areas first and then the easier outside surfaces. Note that rattle can paint can take weeks if not months to fully cure since it air dries. I highly recommend baking the frame to insure the paint cures and hardens. I can give you some tips on setting up a cardboard oven. After it dried I did a wet sand if it needed, rubbing and polish compound.
I remember your bake box running it with a heat gun.
Not sure if want to go that far. I mean the bike will prolly leave the garage once or twice a year. Not even sure when it will see the light of day. lol
I think it will be ok for it to air dry.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I never really understood what's the difference b/w the 2. You're basically pulling on the cable. I am using a speed-dial lever with very old DiaComp road calipers on my delivery bike and it seems to work ok.
Whats going on with your project? Didn't you pick up a frame from Walter not too long ago?

qclabrat

poor modulation, since about 10mm pull difference, speed dial 7s have an adjustment to make up the difference a bit
@C8N make sure your wife practices braking, especially the front which maybe grabby,

qclabrat

I remember that interesting setup as well, what temps were you aiming for?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
poor modulation, since about 10mm pull difference, speed dial 7s have an adjustment to make up the difference a bit
@C8N make sure your wife practices braking, especially the front which maybe grabby,
Ordered new v brakes and levers for the PiP.
Like @huffster mentioned, maybe if make it comfortable and look good, she will ride it more.

I used the brake levers from the Walgoose on the POSS. The POSS brake pads suck and has no braking power.
Damn alibaba brakes! lol

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Short pull and long pull. Most of the time you can get it to work if you mix, but you may have a huge amount of pull on a lever before you get braking power or vice versa and become dangerous if you're not used to your setup.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Paint the fork or leave it alone? I am leaning towards keeping it white... but if painted, gotta do something about the saddle.
Waiting for brakes and derailleur hanger.
The tires are too mtb and aggressive... maybe I should put on the walgoose tires.
The bars are too long. Gonna need to trim that down to the wife's size.

20170325_223157.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
It came out really nice! Pink fork would be too much pink, keep the white for contrast. I think it actually makes the pink pop more. Just my 2c.

Top Bottom