Book of Paul H

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I've always had a bit of a back problem and I am concerned with a smaller frame. Altho I have to say that the smaller SL feels more nimble but can't ride it for an extended period of time. About 2hrs and I am done. On the larger Talon, I can go longer. I guess I need to look at the top tube length and find something that comes closer to the Talon.

I am planning on hitting HM tomorrow morning if you want to join me. LMK.
I will send you a PM. As to frames I noticed that Turner is more of an upright riding position.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Measured the top tube of the SL. It measured about 23.5"... which I think is more like medium.
The Talon is 24.2" with a 60 stem. I am thinking I go the same length as the Talon or go a slightly bigger and slap on a shorter stem.

Anyone selling a L 27.5 FS frame?

Chris Nordt

I'm another guy in the "bad back" club, broke my tailbone in HS and I've been a mess since.. but to my point, I'm about the same size as you guys at 5'10" and a 30" inseam and I tend to prefer a smaller bike for my back. I use to have a 20 inch Trek (HT) and it was a fine bike, but after around 1 1/2-2 hours my back would be screaming. I picked Gary Fisher (HT) in medium which I believe is between 17-18 and it made a huge difference. I could still feel some soreness after 2 hours, but it wasn't so bad I just wanted to get off and lay in the grass lol. The fish was also a little lighter then the trek, but the size seemed to make the biggest difference.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
@Chris Nordt what length stem were you running on the L?

My L Giant has a 60mm stem with 6 degree rise currently and this feels good. When it had the stock 100mm, it did feel big and strained my back a bit.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I think my POSS project is a failure.
It always kinda felt a bit off when riding so I decided to take a closer look and looks like the frame is bent.
Looks like I need to find another frame..... :(

20170220_065330.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I have an old Free Spirit (Sears) heavy has hell. Already stripped and 1-pice crank. Want it?
Really appreciate that... but I don't know if I want to take something just for the shake of it.
I am so flakey and I am pretty sure I'll change my mind when the weather gets nicer lol
But for now, I'll pass but thank you!

Top Bottom