Book of Paul H

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
About 8ft away... terrible?
[GALLERY=media, 1172]20161006_063717 by C8N posted Oct 6, 2016 at 6:58 AM[/GALLERY]

Close ups
[GALLERY=media, 1173]20161006_063737 by C8N posted Oct 6, 2016 at 6:58 AM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 1174]20161006_063750 by C8N posted Oct 6, 2016 at 6:58 AM[/GALLERY]
Bad....

Good from afar, but far from good.....

Still.... better than I could do.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
The POSS is starting to look like a bike...
20161007_145203.jpg

I started installing parts on it before I change my mind about the paint. lol
Bit concerned on the RD hanger.... it doesn't actually fit correctly. I tighten it the best I can but I might have to drill a hole or something.
That crown thingy (not the crown race) on the fork doesn't go all the way down. Another thing... pissed that the brakes don't fit. I guess I need long reach brakes

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's an old bike that needs retro parts to work. Just give it to Soundz for Christmas.

qclabrat

may have some long reach brakes, 27 to 700 conversions can be a pain

also no idea what you mean by the fork and d hanger issue, need pics

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
may have some long reach brakes, 27 to 700 conversions can be a pain

also no idea what you mean by the fork and d hanger issue, need pics
I ordered the brakes. If I ordered the wrong one... will let you know
I gorilla glued the rd hanger for the added stability
the crown thingy on the fork... well its moot now since it goes on before the crown race

wonder if this bike will be safe to ride... lol

Oh yeah... when you are running the gear cables, are you supposed to cross them or just run them straight?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
POSS has crank and FD. Thanks @qclabrat!
One thing I realized when trying to install the FD... I need a cable stop. Ordered a clamp style cable stopper.
Since the cranks are on, I went ahead and set the saddle position.

20161022_222931.jpg

20161022_222407.jpg

I also installed a bell on the Talon.... but damn... its not obnoxious enough.
20161022_223715.jpg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Came out pretty cool. Yellow and blue harlequin bar wrap!? When is the first century?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Came out pretty cool. Yellow and blue harlequin bar wrap!? When is the first century?
Went with a solid blue bar tape. But now that you mention it, blue/yellow would have been better. The QR is blue and the ferrules are blue.

Unless my wife makes me pick up bread and I have to pick up a slice per trip... I doubt the POSS will ever see a century which is why it has flat pedals. Also put a saddle with the most amount of cushion since I don't expect to be wearing a bib shorts. Besides... if I ever bring the POSS out for a ride with you guys, you'll make fun of the crappy paint work. It shall never leave Wayne, NJ. lol

Top Bottom