A new official trail to add for South Jersey?

moray42

Merman
I will be in Galloway twp for a couple of days. Starting wed night (22) until Sunday. I would love to ride the trails if anyone would like to give me a tour, that would be helpful. Might take my son (he is 11) with me as well. I lived on Seaview Ave when I was in college. Broke my arm back in there 20 years ago on my bike :)

Really not sure how my schedule for the rest of the week is going to pan out, but if anyone does get a ride together i may try to catch up if i can.

theranch

I will be in Galloway twp for a couple of days. Starting wed night (22) until Sunday. I would love to ride the trails if anyone would like to give me a tour, that would be helpful. Might take my son (he is 11) with me as well. I lived on Seaview Ave when I was in college. Broke my arm back in there 20 years ago on my bike :)

Sven, I wish I had checked the board. I rode there on Wed night, I did a loop+ after riding there from home. I would have met you at some point.

theranch

What about us that are not on Facebook and don't plan to be.

Well this is a start and a LOT of people use Facebook so it has many benefits. For those not on Facebook I'm working on a website that will have a section dedicated to these trails. I'm heading out now to do some maintenance on the trails.

mxnello

v boy

Yeah, no doubt dirt bikers built those trails but with no regard to flow and trail erosion etc. Bench cutting isn't exactly a priority. As far as mountain bikers paying to ride, I can name numerous State Parks (Ringwood, Waway, RV) that charge a fee between Memorial and Labor Day. What's your # again?

you just named 3 places to pay to ride, 2 more than mx'ers have total E-town, don't worry about my # a-hole

theranch

The Atlantic County parks dept. is supposed to be out on the trails today doing some clean up and trimming. I should be riding there tonight to see what was done. I gave recommendations so I'm hopeful the trails will be a little more open.

theranch

@NikkyE I did discuss an official parking lot at the Seaview Estate property. The contact at the parks dept. is supposed to discuss this issue with his people and get back to me. Even if it's rudimentary it will be an improvement but right now it's not that big of a deal to park along Seaview & Highlands.

theranch

The county was out last week and I was not able to be there during the day. They went nuts... a little too nuts really. I'll be back out there sometime soon to clean up the single track that exists and level the ruts.

theranch

I added a new site for the trails at Seaview Estate.
http://www.seaviewtrails.com

This is basic right now but I have links to large map images of the current trail system. I also have a topo map so you can see the elevation changes and potential for the property.
I'm hoping to get JORBA involved so we can make an awesome trail system that uses the topography better.

Update: I met with a coucilman and city engineer from Galloway Twp. last week and had a very productive meeting. Good things to come!

Last edited:

theranch

Still making progress on this new trail system. I can't provide any details but I can say that we have a lot of things falling into place right now so I'm hopeful we'll have a new top-notch trail system built this year.

MikeP

Still making progress on this new trail system. I can't provide any details but I can say that we have a lot of things falling into place right now so I'm hopeful we'll have a new top-notch trail system built this year.

Thanks forthe update look forward to checking it out and pitching at a TM.

J.29er

Road the Seaview trails today for the first time! Nice loop and close to home good for a quick ride or some light exploring...if anybody knows these trails and wants to meet up let me know Im sure there's alot more to ride. I found myself going in circle a bit at first till I got used to it,by then I started losing sun.

theranch

Road the Seaview trails today for the first time! Nice loop and close to home good for a quick ride or some light exploring...if anybody knows these trails and wants to meet up let me know Im sure there's alot more to ride. I found myself going in circle a bit at first till I got used to it,by then I started losing sun.

Yeah the current trails kind of suck (boring) which is why I've been working on getting an official trail system built in that property that makes better use of the land.
I know the current trails inside and out and can show you around so you're not confused by the red dots that shore cycle club sprayed on the trees.

Last edited:

theranch

We had 14 people show up to help clear the current trails after Sandy dumped debris and trees throughout the park. We split into two teams and cleared the entire loop. We had well over 10 trees blocking the trail and cleared them all except for one
section which had two 12" pines fall across the trail right next to each other. We created a trail re-route for that section.
We were really pleased with the work done today. We're making progress on getting a single track trail system built in the property and I'll post updates as they happen.
https://www.facebook.com/SeaviewTrails

Top Bottom