A new name, better access and more activity for Jungle Habitat

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'll still call it Jungle Habitat. They can't stop me.

14578-clockwork-l.jpg

-----

so they've decided that they need a new name and more parking outside the gate.

I like the gate - can remember it from when i was a kid. make a second gate, park along the road. I'm a solutions guy.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
As much as I'd like to see those telephone poles stay, I'm sure the state will spend some of that $400 million in green acres money to remove poles and add parking to center island, to make it more institutional with zero character. Hopefully they can be convinced to save poles an incorporate into a new sign.

They can change the name to Bicyclye Habitat.
Honestly very little is going to change here imo, other then a name and maybe some parking additions, which is good for the trails.
Does the state recognize a Jorba chapter in this to be named state park and can we maintain and add new trails? The state tried to privatize JH but did not prove feasible. The state may not be able to make money off of this property however it can be put to good use serving the needs of the community with very little expense if a Jorba volunteer group is allowed to continue.

rlb

Does the state recognize a Jorba chapter in this to be named state park and can we maintain and add new trails?

Seems like at least one person involved is concerned about that:

The mayor asked what will become of existing hiking and biking trails already built by volunteers. Pain said they will remain in place -- with the possibility of new trails being added.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
As much as I'd like to see those telephone poles stay, I'm sure the state will spend some of that $400 million in green acres money to remove poles and add parking to center island, to make it more institutional with zero character. Hopefully they can be convinced to save poles an incorporate into a new sign.

They can change the name to Bicyclye Habitat.
Honestly very little is going to change here imo, other then a name and maybe some parking additions, which is good for the trails.
Does the state recognize a Jorba chapter in this to be named state park and can we maintain and add new trails? The state tried to privatize JH but did not prove feasible. The state may not be able to make money off of this property however it can be put to good use serving the needs of the community with very little expense if a Jorba volunteer group is allowed to continue.
We should be back in 2018, just as it was before.

huffster

The park closed in 1976...41 years ago. Now there going to worry about using the name Jungle Habitat. Stupid! @gtluke is right. All you need to do is move the fence back 50 feet and you'll have more parking...done. I think that could be done for under $2k.

Top Bottom