A favor to ask of all of us .

Need a chainsaw at the top of cascade coming from anrothrars. Decent sized tree down with no go-round. Otherwise Mahlon was in great shape today, on the railbed side
Hey is anrothrars alley across from cascade if river is down hill on right? We ride that from other direction after turning right on red.

Love that S...From the other side; entering red, down the hill over the filter rocks (now a big downed tree shortly after) across that nasty@zz rock bridge through the river and continue. We take the right turn (greyed-out flashes) up the steep and tricky and down the other side, through and quick right around boulders and then a short delicious rock garden. Love all that stuff.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Rode mdr this morning, pretty wet and about four trees down on cascade.

Yeah, we need to knock our heads together and figure out how to get the impassible ones taken care of...we know what happened last time we pointed out some trees down that needed to be dealt with on Cascade...

Stocky

Rode the WMA this afternoon . The main lot was still locked :hmmm:

A couple of muddy spots , but otherwise nice . There's still one tree down on the Rt 15 side of the Power Lines that you have to lift your bike over . It sits about waist high across the trail . Kind of a bummer , it's right in the middle of a nice flowy section .

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim, you could just get one of those cool "mtbnj " license plates and hang it from your seat instead of wearing a kit .

Either that or just slap a mtbNJ sticker on my ass.

Not that it matters...I haven't lead a ride up here for over a year and a half.

Shaggz and I have been trying the last few months, but our schedules are just too screwed up to pull it off.

Is it hard to find your way around, are the trails marked good. Don't have a gps but dont mind doing a little exploring. Where is the best place to park to start a ride.

They're marked pretty well. Park at the ball field (easy to pick out looking at the park map) :)

It is hard to stay lost for too long at MDR...sooner or later you'll find a road or the rail bed...

SpartaBard

They're marked pretty well. Park at the ball field (easy to pick out looking at the park map) :)

It is hard to stay lost for too long at MDR...sooner or later you'll find a road or the rail bed...

unless you start heading off into the wma's. Then it could be a long ride...

Stocky

Park was in great shape today minus some mud/puddles in the usual spot. Anrothar's was somewhat disgusting at the beginning after Cascade but good otherwise.

I found a great singletrack trail today on the pond side that I never rode before. An unmarked singletrack with lots of rock construction. Sort of an easier version (didn't say easy) of Lumpy Bumpy at Allamuchy with parts reminding me of Wildcat (the drainage ditch). I'm sure many of you know it as it's obviously maintained. I need to loop it up with the white and Stonegate. Ran out of time and energy today.

Possibly "The Wall" ?
Is the entrance at the top on the right side , ends at the bottom just before a bridge crossing ? It's all downhill for the most part ?

goldsbar

Possibly "The Wall" ?
Is the entrance at the top on the right side , ends at the bottom just before a bridge crossing ? It's all downhill for the most part ?

No, not the Wall. I know that one. At least I thought (a re-route of a steep fire road?). This does end/begin by a bridge but it's up and down.

Last edited:

SpartaBard

Is it near the highlands trail? It may be a rogue trail That the park is unhappy about that was cut illegally.

Stocky

Just make a left at the Five-way intersection and keep making lefts.... That will get you back to the power lines and the right Right will get you back to Saffins Pond.

Strat ... we've got it all figured out now . Very WMA savy for about 2 years now :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions