8 Mile Loop at Muchy North

lou_b_83

I will be starting from Waterlo rd. Can anyone give me trail directions for about a 6 to 10 mile loop? Or If you are bored you can show me around tomorrow:D. All I have is this map to go by. So please chime in with GPS links or just trail colors will be cool. Thanks

Let me know if you want to ride to. I was thinking around 4:30 PM.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 886

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I used to have a good ten mile loop that was up on the board here for others to follow but then they went and changed around the whole green trail.

I'd take the red clockwise, in the middle of the loop once you are done climbing you will start coming down a decline (in what seems like the first in forever) right at the bottom of that first decline you will see a trail to your left with an nice big log with rocks piled up to it which makes for a nice high ride over. Take that trail for about a third of a mile to its end and take a right (this is the white trail). Take the white trail over the bridge and right after the bridge on your right is a trail, take that instead of the wide washed out White trail going forward. After taking that right continue on the trail as it hugs the mountain top to your left This trail will take you up a nice washed out section. Stay left until you meet up with the White trail again. You will hit a very difficult rock garden along your way (the hardest i can think of in the park) after that short really hard rock garden you continue straight and that is where the white trail that you just bypassed meets up again. Stay straight onto the white (don't go left). You will pop up onto a huge rock surface, go over that and continue on the white trail. Take the white trail to the green trail and follow the green North (as per the map) all the way back to the rail trail. Take a right onto the rail trail and follow the rail trail back to waterloo. The rail trail gets broken up by the restaurant, just continue straight staying near the lake.

lou_b_83

No takers on the ride so I am going to do it in the AM.

NEW time is 8:00AM I will check to see if anyone will join in the morning.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I used to have a good ten mile loop that was up on the board here for others to follow but then they went and changed around the whole green trail.

I'd take the red clockwise, in the middle of the loop once you are done climbing you will start coming down a decline (in what seems like the first in forever) right at the bottom of that first decline you will see a trail to your left with an nice big log with rocks piled up to it which makes for a nice high ride over. Take that trail for about a third of a mile to its end and take a right (this is the white trail). Take the white trail over the bridge and right after the bridge on your right is a trail, take that instead of the wide washed out White trail going forward. After taking that right continue on the trail as it hugs the mountain top to your left This trail will take you up a nice washed out section. Stay left until you meet up with the White trail again. You will hit a very difficult rock garden along your way (the hardest i can think of in the park) after that short really hard rock garden you continue straight and that is where the white trail that you just bypassed meets up again. Stay straight onto the white (don't go left). You will pop up onto a huge rock surface, go over that and continue on the white trail. Take the white trail to the green trail and follow the green North (as per the map) all the way back to the rail trail. Take a right onto the rail trail and follow the rail trail back to waterloo. The rail trail gets broken up by the restaurant, just continue straight staying near the lake.

I just finished a ride up the white from Waterloo and around to the green down to the rail trail and back to Waterloo Rd; 8+ miles. Conditions are better than expected; temps still below freezing so that helped. A LOT of cruchy gound, but overall very good conditions!!!

I'll definitely take your suggestion and try this alternate out. Looking forward to the rock garden :getsome:

Thanks for the 411.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions