700x28 vs. 700x23

goodvibe

Greetings!
I have a fitness bike, a Trek 7.7FX that originally came with 700x28 Bontrager Race Lite Tires. When I wore those out, I replaced them with 700x25 Bontrager Race X Lite tires. I now wore those out and I am looking for new tires. Most of the good tires are 700x23. What would the advantage of getting 700x23 vs 700x28 tires for my bicycle?
Thanks for your help!

28 is pretty wide for normal road riding.

if you are looking for a tire for training on the road then a 25c tire will provide you with a smooth ride. if your regular rides were on the canal or gravel paths i would stick with 28c tires.

I pretty much stick to the road and never go off with this bike. Do you have any suggestions on which tire I should get?

23 in the warmer months, 25 in winter months,

the 23 i like conti grand prix, but just got a flat from a brand new one, i think it was maybe pinched flat. gonna try them on my new easton ea90 tt wheel set:popcorn:

Thanks for your help. My shop had an old Bontrager Race Lite tire and they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. I went with the 700x25.
Thanks for your help!

The next time I am out to purchase new tires, I think I will shell out the cash for the Pave!

Yep... despite the Flak Jacket protection, I've had a lot flats with them.

I have friends with Specialized Mondos with Flak Jacket, and they both had flats with the Flak Jacket protection on Ride to Montauk (a ride notorious for getting flats)...

My 7.7 FX originally came with a 700x28 hardcase and I wanted to try a thinner tire. It rides well with the 700x25's. I have tried the armadillos and they were pretty bombproof, they were just a major pain to get on and off.

I did wind up replacing the spent tire with a 700x25 Bontrager Race Lite tire. I have had these on a couple of my other bikes and they are good. I do appreciate the suggestions!

really? i've had them on my road bike since hell of hunterdon and not one puncture...

a pinch flat on HoH but that's my fault =[

I had a lot of puncture flats with them. They came on my Secteur....

The Armadillo version is very bomb proof.

though... my bike has the Bontrager Race All-Weather HARDCASE

Back
Top Bottom