650b - converted Redline 26" Flight

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
not in the market for another hardtail but this a great looking bike and that price is very good.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
How old/what size is it? I could probably bikepedia it, but lazy today.:D After Jdog's 650b rant, I was thinking about this bike. Interesting that it's still avail.

Edit: looks like '06.

Last edited:

glide

How old/what size is it? I could probably bikepedia it, but lazy today.:D After Jdog's 650b rant, I was thinking about this bike. Interesting that it's still avail.

Edit: looks like '06.

2007. Frame is not marked but I believe it is a 17.5" (I would need to take a measurement to know for sure).

650b... is subjective. I really like it and as a result I am running a 650b on the front of my Fuel Ex8. Keep in mind, I rode 29ers exclusively for 2+ years (Flash 29er, Monocog, Stout, Rig) and they have their merits but a little clumsy for an active/immature style of riding.

MikeP

2007. Frame is not marked but I believe it is a 17.5" (I would need to take a measurement to know for sure).

650b... is subjective. I really like it and as a result I am running a 650b on the front of my Fuel Ex8. Keep in mind, I rode 29ers exclusively for 2+ years (Flash 29er, Monocog, Stout, Rig) and they have their merits but a little clumsy for an active/immature style of riding.

Fox fork on your Fuel? I wish I could convert my Top Fuel to 650 but the Reba up front or rear triangle can't handle bigger wheels

glide

Fox fork on your Fuel?

Yes, Fox up front. I really like the 26-650b combo on the EX8. All the quickness in the rear and the right amount of larger diameter benefits in the front without sacrificing agility and playfulness. It's a 2011 - the last year for the 69 degree head angle which I believe converts nicely as it slackens the bike just right with the 650b upfront. I fear the newer 68 degree HTA bikes would become too slack for my needs.

MikeP

Yes, Fox up front. I really like the 26-650b combo on the EX8. All the quickness in the rear and the right amount of larger diameter benefits in the front without sacrificing agility and playfulness. It's a 2011 - the last year for the 69 degree head angle which I believe converts nicely as it slackens the bike just right with the 650b upfront. I fear the newer 68 degree HTA bikes would become too slack for my needs.

sounds cool, I though of even trying just the front too, but no worky with the Reba and I'm not buying a new fork. Fork swap would be ideal.

glide

Personally, I thought the Redline (above) was magic with a 26rear-650b front. The bike has more momentum and balance as full 650b... more playful and aggressive when I rode it 26-650b.

MickeyRC

Redline Monocog Flight converted to 1x9 and 650b (originally a 26" bike). Japanese Sanko Cromoly frame. New X-fusion Enix 650b front fork. WTB Laser Disc 650b Trail rims/Shimano hubs. Kenda Nevegal 27.5 x 2.1 tires. Ritchey Pro seatpost and stem, Bontrager Evoke saddle and handlebars. FSA crankset. SRAM X-7 rear derailleur and shifter, N-Gear Jump Stop.

Fun, cool, versatile bike. Can easily be converted back to 26", 26" rear - 650b front or single speed (sliding rear dropouts).

I am 5'9"ish and fits me perfectly.

A few nicks, scratches and a little dirty from continual use.

Local pick-up only. Price $600 firm. Cash deal-no trades.

Great looking bike too bad it's not a bit bigger.

wafflin

I have a the same bike but black. How did you convert the it to a 1 X 9? Did you buy a specific part to hang the derailleur? I'm thinking about changing mine over to a 1 X 9 too.

wonderturtle

Thanks... It is a cool bike. I have been riding it every weekend and had many second thoughts. At this point, I don't know if I will be happy or sad if it sells.

I have the regular Monocog and really love the look of the bike. but the Monocog Flight is even cooler. the thin steel look always catches my eye.

good luck with the sell.

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
holy crap someone please buy this awesome bike at an insanely low price!

Top Bottom