6 Mile Run Conditions

rmap01

It kills me how hammered the blue trail has gotten this spring. Clearly people don’t give a shit and are riding no matter how wet it is.

I’m slowly going to fix it all.

I wish I could lead some group trail days, but we need to be open 7days a week at the bike shop now.

Thanks to Jklett for joining me the other day to run cleanup in the section I’ve been working on with the machine.

I’ve been concentrating on the white trail over the last month, but after this Sunday’s NICA race (ride over and spectate btw, it’s amazing)) I’ll start to recut all of the blue trail and then move to the 27 side after.

I’m beyond thankful to JORBA for use of the ditch witch. It’s a powerful tool that can make big changes in a few hours.

jdog: Between my schedule and the constant barrage of rain I rode 6m today for the 1st time this year. The work you have done on Blue is top notch! (I know a lot has been done on White but I steered clear this morning given the NICA races). Although they were a handful of wet spots (mostly on Red) the trails overall were in excellent condition. What was particularly noteworthy were the fixes you put in by the wooden bridge as those sections would always be the last to dry out and they were bone dry today. Really appreciate all the effort you and others have put in for the enjoyment of so many of us.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
jdog: Between my schedule and the constant barrage of rain I rode 6m today for the 1st time this year. The work you have done on Blue is top notch! (I know a lot has been done on White but I steered clear this morning given the NICA races). Although they were a handful of wet spots (mostly on Red) the trails overall were in excellent condition. What was particularly noteworthy were the fixes you put in by the wooden bridge as those sections would always be the last to dry out and they were bone dry today. Really appreciate all the effort you and others have put in for the enjoyment of so many of us.

Thanks so much.

Working 7 days a week basically through August, but after that I plan on hitting it hard and making bigger changes across the park.

SAV1970

Anyone knows if 6mile is rideable? Not sure how much rain was dumped on the trails. Looking to ride this afternoon if possible

jimmyxt

It is beautiful outside, but will it be beautiful inside. Looking for the go, no go for this afternoon. Still too wet to ride?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

Attachments

• EDDCCB57-63C1-4597-B771-1EFFABF00DB8.jpeg
    EDDCCB57-63C1-4597-B771-1EFFABF00DB8.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 400

RobW

The section I’ve been working on was soup last night and then it rained again. Puddles will be wet
dang, was hoping for dry puddles lol. im headed that way mid day tomorrow so ill bring the bike incase its ok.

jklett

Just got back from blue, white, red canal side. A few more wet spots than I thought there would be but what wasn't wet was really good. Should be better tomorrow but there'll still be wet areas.

Thanks again for your time and help @jdog , it's looking really good where you've been working. Anyone reading this, please visit Halter's and show some appreciation. Also, if you're not a JORBA member please join and donate some time to help maintain what we have here.

GHM73

Canal Lot has been full all day so I'm sure the wet spots got torn up. Problem is Blue is probably the worst with wetness right now but most people park at Canal and start there. Will probably check it out tomorrow early, before it rains. Again.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions