6 Mile Run Conditions

GHM73

Common sense should apply here... we got dumped on last night. No go for at least 2 days. Then expecting more rain so I'd think it'll be a no go for at least a week or so.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Common sense should apply here... we got dumped on last night. No go for at least 2 days. Then expecting more rain so I'd think it'll be a no go for at least a week or so.

I think the issue is not with 99.9% of the people on this board, it's some other people who will ride there during a storm. A storm with signs saying the place is closed.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I think we have proven that common sense doesn’t apply. We will just call it lucky it happened early in the week and not on Friday. Leta hope the forecast changes...

rick81721

Lothar
A couple of chumps parked in the lot today - might be ok late this afternoon but not this morning

IMG_20190416_105435.jpg

PS I found a really nice tool next to that tree. If anyone here lost it and can identify, I'll return it. Assuming you weren't riding in mud...

Last edited:

GHM73

Rain next three days means likely no riding there until this time next week (at best). Holding out hope that it'll stop raining at some point.

rick81721

Lothar
Did canal side and red across s. Middlebush - more mud spots than last time but ok. @jdog did some serious mechanized digging on blue field right before it goes into the woods. I think I was the first rider

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Did canal side and red across s. Middlebush - more mud spots than last time but ok. @jdog did some serious mechanized digging on blue field right before it goes into the woods. I think I was the first rider

It’s not even close to done, but that section should be a lot better than it has been once we finish it.

This morning we were using a machine that the park actually had rented for some other project.

88FDCAED-4331-49ED-90E1-16D7E97BD005.jpeg

This afternoon I finally got a hold of the tool I’ve been hoping to get my hands on for a long time.

This will take some trial and error, but look for major improvements in chronically wet spots.

If you are not a JORBA member , please consider joining. Memebership is what makes tools like this available.

64471A6B-2F97-49CB-94C4-18CF4A9B8128.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

carvegybe

Never been to 6 mile run and was thing of making my debut tomorrow. I am however worried about wet trail conditions and undoing the great work of JORBA. What's the general consensus - will it be rideable tomorrow?

rick81721

Lothar
Never been to 6 mile run and was thing of making my debut tomorrow. I am however worried about wet trail conditions and undoing the great work of JORBA. What's the general consensus - will it be rideable tomorrow?

Depends how much rain we get this afternoon and tonight.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions