6 Mile Run Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I went this morning. Few wet patches on RED. BLUE and ORANGE were perfect. (Is it just me or is there way more garbage on/near the trails: bottles, broken glass, cans. I think I'll pass by with few garbage bags, next time I go)

noticed the same.
we haven't had a clean-up day. wish we could get the scouts on this.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Not sure about the garage, place is so fast everything looks like a blur. Quite a few low hangers on the 27 side. I will probably take care of them at some point.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Not sure about the garage, place is so fast everything looks like a blur. Quite a few low hangers on the 27 side. I will probably take care of them at some point.

I'll sort that next week. Ive been digging most mornings and ill continue to do so until it gets hot.

I haven't done any work on the 27 side since the snow.

SAV1970

Looking to ride Six Mile tomorrow. I don't want to damage the trails if any of you feel the trail won't be ready, I will try to go somewhere else.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Looking to ride Six Mile tomorrow. I don't want to damage the trails if any of you feel the trail won't be ready, I will try to go somewhere else.

Depends on what time the rain starts tomorrow. Hopefully later in the day. If the sun comes out today (like it should) and it warms up you should be ok. Probably some puddles and I would definitely stay off red.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would definitely stay off red.

Red meaning where red and orange split? If you’re headed towards 27?
Assuming so, is that trail worth riding? It’s been years since I’ve been on it. I just feel like the orange twisties are a bike part of 6 miles being so awesome

rick81721

Lothar
Assuming so, is that trail worth riding? It’s been years since I’ve been on it. I just feel like the orange twisties are a bike part of 6 miles being so awesome

Yeah that's always the last to dry out. Jay has made some improvements but agree orange both directions is more fun

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

Like @rick81721 said it dries out the slowest but once it is dry it’s worth taking on a trip back to the lot to change it up.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
rode from 27 lot but turned around partway through orange because i felt it was too wet. not sure how the rest of the trail is...
I rode 6MR full loop yesterday/Sunday around 11am starting at 27. While the orange twisties were a bit slick in spots, it was pretty firm and not wet enough to make ruts. Rest of park was good though, much drier than twisties. Should have kept going but erring on the side of caution is always good. Also, tons of helmetless riders yesterday which was a bummer. Probably a dozen without helmets and only like 2 people with them. Haven't been there in so long and all the "recent" work on Blue, White and by Jacques was awesome!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions