6 Mile Run Conditions

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
He read it - I can see that. No response. Figured as much.

He may not have known, may be new to the sport... just gotta educate. I was there once too.

Sucks hearing that the tape is getting torn down. That is a major bummer. To not be able to ride there on these few frozen mornings has sucked to be honest. I’m respecting the closure, but I gotta say, knowing I am missing frozen mornings sucks it. To have your local ride shut down blows.

Riding the Sourlands is fun but not necessarily what you want to do every ride. I’ve always been good to this place, cleared dozens of fallen trees (if not about 100), I clean out garbage, cut back overgrowth, etc and only ride when it’s dry or frozen.

I’m trying to keep a rational tone, but to be honest this is beyond frustrating. I have been pretty reserved with some of the responses I’ve gotten on here (not too long ago) about riders going out when they shouldn’t or knowing of people who shouldn’t. Unfortunately, I’ve learned arguing on the Internet is pointless. That said, the fact my knobbies haven’t caught any dirt in a while and I’ve rock climbed more than I’ve ridden this winter has me highly discouraged and disappointed.

I think the park is doing the right thing. I’m afraid for our access here. Anyone who knows of someone who goes out when it’s soft and doesn’t say anything or thinks “it’s fine this one time” is a massive part of the problem. Noobs are one thing, arrogance is another.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Any hunters in our midst that could loan a few game cameras to 6MR during mud season? then post a sign that reads: Trails Temporarily Closed to Prevent Damage. Users are Under Video Surveillance”. Violaters will be reported to local authorities” (or words to this effect). Whether we do or don’t, it could be a deterrent much like roadside radar warning signs?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Any hunters in our midst that could loan a few game cameras to 6MR during mud season? then post a sign that reads: Trails Temporarily Closed to Prevent Damage. Users are Under Video Surveillance”. Violaters will be reported to local authorities” (or words to this effect). Whether we do or don’t, it could be a deterrent much like roadside radar warning signs?

i have one.

wonder if a couple of fake ones would help

https://smile.amazon.com/ZOSI-Secur...tdoor+camera&qid=1551457578&s=gateway&sr=8-10

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

I have a few and thought about it but would like to talk to the park about doing that first. Which reminds me I gotta get my turkey permits.

jklett

I've offered mine, it's still available if someone wants to use it. I've put the tape back up a few times but I'm not going near the place for a while so I don't wind up getting in a fight with someone who thinks they're above the rules.

GHM73

He's a repeat offender, that's for sure. I typically look for posts tagged (or location tagged) sixmile on IG, partially to like posts and spread awareness for Sixmilers, but also to find these jerkwads and reach out in case they are just naive (which sometimes happens). That's how I found this and sent it to J.
I also sent him a message but no response. I was nice ad it was very "benefit of the doubt" but like I said, this is a repeat offender. Probably rides mud everywhere.

I'm all for going there on the weekends and replacing the tape. It's an easy trip for me. We do need a more permanent solution though. Like big wooden/metal gates.

Mountain Bike Mike

the threat of video surveillance alone would probably be effective.
3BB0D6CE-9BEF-4CB0-B13E-A711764E62D8.jpeg

TPI_Elky

Drove by today. No tape anywhere on the Jacques lot. The trail on the south side of the run by the canal was still taped over. Didn't see any tape near blue but no bike racks either.

ekuhn

I’ll have some laminated signs shortly. Park had signs up indicating the trail was closed for repairs - did not photograph.

One car in Jacques Lane lot. I think someone was taking in some nature with some green stuff.

Hopefully this helps get the point across that the trail is closed.

106AD587-24A8-4BA4-B727-4E2472E90E2F.jpeg

B81948D1-42D1-47C5-8694-4DFC32B31C92.jpeg

A8E71221-F798-4FA7-81E7-BA7954965679.jpeg

1D3B8D52-4523-4A4C-8AA7-82595911C1A1.jpeg

lurker

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions