6 Mile Run Conditions

Tim

aka sptimmy43
It's hard to get a sense of scale but the second one looks easily hop-able...and I am also confused as to where the long climb is at 6 Mile?

Piston Honda

It's hard to get a sense of scale but the second one looks easily hop-able...and I am also confused as to where the long climb is at 6 Mile?
It's past the long boardwalk on blue heading towards 27 after the descent to a sharp left between a big cut log.

rick81721

Lothar

It is hop-able but in an awkward spot, coming around a corner and climbing you typically stay left but have to turn sharply right to get over it. If I had my silky saw I would've cut it out but forgot to put it back in my pack since Utah trip. And yeah, those tar pits are back before the last bridge on blue.

pygmypony

conditions update from 7am thursday. absolutely awesome except for the typical spots (steel bridge, i'm looking at you!)

i also did some clean up with the silky saw on a few downed trees, thanks to some help from mike, ryan and carlos (not sure if you guys are on this site, but shout out nonetheless!)

will post pics later

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really? We got crushed with rain overnight. I'd have guessed it needed more time. Good post!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I’ve been slacking on TM and it likely shows.

As soon as it cools down, I’ll sort all the bomb holes.

J

pygmypony

here’s a couple of before and after pics from today. the third one, i forgot to take the after pic. that’s the one on the big climb!

before
08BE70D0-FCB1-4A26-A95F-00F44BF4B1F4.jpeg

after
BE1475AB-DBC5-4539-8E2F-44DEA2AC5966.jpeg

before
08A451F7-51AF-443F-9CF8-8A00DF3C42C7.jpeg

after
8E6D78E5-38B7-46F7-92E5-F929E9446EF7.jpeg

before (no after)
83BE8B2A-92CF-4533-9D3B-6027F4F495B6.jpeg

ekuhn

Big shout out to the 6MR hair cut crew!

The stone at the canal trail entrance is a nice touch.

Concrete bridge is all jammed with logs and such. Upstream side was high.

rick81721

Lothar
Drove by the canal lot this afternoon and was glad to see only 3 cars in the lot. Probably a mess for a day or two more

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions