6 Mile Run Conditions

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey, man. I was actually behind you and your boy for a bit out there when you were heading out on Blue from the Canal lot. You let me get by right after the jumps and before it goes back into the woods (thanks, btw). Was on a clear-coat Heckler. Hope you had a good Father's Day outing. Beautiful day.
Yo! So many people out yesterday! We had a good ride, thanks... He needs a little more confidence. Great day....

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I gave the boardwalk a hair cut today

It was stupid hot and dusty
41F37987-4918-4D59-84FF-14F50D8966FB.jpeg
D4D177C4-453C-4010-9CB4-00842C6EFFAD.jpeg

Piston Honda

Blue is mostly hero with puddles in all the typical areas. Big pile of horse poop near the deer fence. Two big soft spots at the bottom of the downhill that splits the big cut log. (about 4 miles in)

Last edited:

Kangdoy

Congrats - I've still never gotten the first one. Seems the only way is far right where one slip and over the brink you go. I almost went off that side one time

That actually happened to me last year. Went to the far right, front tire got caught on the root and couldn't clip out on time. Next thing I know, I leaning to the right and I tumble down and ended up in the stream. Luckily, I walked out of there with a few scrapes on my thigh and a torn bib. Now, I don't even dare to attempt it and just walk it up.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congrats - I've still never gotten the first one. Seems the only way is far right where one slip and over the brink you go. I almost went off that side one time
Both of them are easiest on the dangerous edge. The second one was the one I could never get, but then some bushes were cut out left and it's pretty easy now. I was also super excited when I started hitting those on a regular basis.

Piston Honda

Both of them are easiest on the dangerous edge. The second one was the one I could never get, but then some bushes were cut out left and it's pretty easy now. I was also super excited when I started hitting those on a regular basis.
I don't know how to carry speed on the approach to the 2nd one. After the right turn, tiny ledge drop and then corrugated pipe, I'm basically at a crawl's pace by the time I look up at the climb. For some unknown reason, I was able to power over everything today.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't know how to carry speed on the approach to the 2nd one. After the right turn, tiny ledge drop and then corrugated pipe, I'm basically at a crawl's pace by the time I look up at the climb. For some unknown reason, I was able to power over everything today.
Magical combination of momentum, being in the right gear ahead of time, and the ability to say YOLO.

Dingo

We used to make all 3 climbs. Year or so back, we had switched our loops and they were on the down side.

Last weekend's ride we went the old way.

No one even got close to cleaning them. Way too rooted and loose.

I'm all in favor of trying every time.

qclabrat

I only have 1 gear :(
what were your riding and which tires?
Sometimes with a lighter bike like an SS, you can toss the bike up a bit on obstacles. I'm usually running low on gas by the time I hit those humps, maybe next time I'll do them on a warm up loop.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions