6 Mile Run Conditions

PistolPete

Pretty good shape - other than the end of blue from the bottom of that roller to the railing bridge - that section is a disaster. Just 2 little mud holes on orange.
So I just got done. The improvements and changes are incredible. Thanks so much for all the people who put into work. Yeah, on the blue trail near The Pedestrian railing bridge that was horrendous.

rick81721

Lothar
I was going to bring a shovel tomorrow. Think I can fix it??

I think it will take more than a shovel - maybe something like this to make a trench to the creek

21918_Todd_3.JPG

02camaro

I think it will take more than a shovel - maybe something like this to make a trench to the creek

21918_Todd_3.JPG
that guy is very good at digging, just tell him there is gold in 6mr and he is gullible enough to tear it up.

conditions were sweet, dare i say dusty in some spots. trails are fast. someone knock me down on strava for the new red segment, im not comfortable being top 3 lol.

RobD

Got in a nice 15.5 mile ride this morning, and like BigSpoon said, near perfect. I may be a bit bias but Orange is has to be the most perfectly manicured single track around, and it flows sooo sweet. Wish I didn't have a ton of stuff to do today because I could have done another couple loops.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
got my first summer 6MR canal side loop in this morning.

Was surprised to see the mud puddle on blue - on the lower, off-camber turns from being rutted out when muddy.
Bad one coming off the hill approaching the iron bridge. We are going to need a reroute.

otherwise get out there.

The new stuff approaching the stream crossing at blackwells mills is awesome, as is the new trail that takes the ride off the field side.
Rode the nica modification from Jaques too. Great addition.

Thanks @jdog.

Dingo

got my first summer 6MR canal side loop in this morning.

Was surprised to see the mud puddle on blue - on the lower, off-camber turns from being rutted out when muddy.
Bad one coming off the hill approaching the iron bridge. We are going to need a reroute.

otherwise get out there.

The new stuff approaching the stream crossing at blackwells mills is awesome, as is the new trail that takes the ride off the field side.
Rode the nica modification from Jaques too. Great addition.

Thanks @jdog.
I rode the loop, first time since new years day. Pretty much awesome.
Dag-gonit j-dog, you really have created a monster. Parking was iffy, trails packed with lot's of riders. ALL GOOD !

Ian F

Yep - the Canal lot was packed. I felt lucky to get a spot when I pulled in. Spotted Dan above when I was starting (I was wearing the Halter's "unicorn" jersey).

The trail conditions were great other than a couple of slightly wet spots. Definitely crowded, so blind corners were taken a bit slower than usual. My legs were fried from a long road ride on Sat anyway, so I wasn't planning to set any Strava records anyway. Cleaned all of the punchy climbs on Red, so the legs weren't feeling too bad. Hopefully I'll get another ride in tomorrow. Need to start "training" for the 31 Days of July Challenge. :cool:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yep - the Canal lot was packed. I felt lucky to get a spot when I pulled in. Spotted Dan above when I was starting (I was wearing the Halter's "unicorn" jersey).

The trail conditions were great other than a couple of slightly wet spots. Definitely crowded, so blind corners were taken a bit slower than usual. My legs were fried from a long road ride on Sat anyway, so I wasn't planning to set any Strava records anyway. Cleaned all of the punchy climbs on Red, so the legs weren't feeling too bad. Hopefully I'll get another ride in tomorrow. Need to start "training" for the 31 Days of July Challenge. :cool:
Hey!!!!

There were about four or five others out there today with the puking unicorn jersey today.
Next time say hi!!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Super stoked that so many people are lovingly the work I’ve been doing. I was just recognized by the park for my efforts.

Seems they might have been wrong to reject me for those years before finally giving the green light for trail building at 6mr

The next few days are looking hot and dry, so it’s likely to become dusty this week.

Ill be out with the brushhog this week which should help with the sight lines and ankle slappers

In return I ask the same that I always do.

Join JORBA at a JORBA.org and if you see fit, spend a few bucks in an independent bike shop of your choice (not just mine) this summer. Weve seen over 20 local shops shutter in the last two years. Supporting a local shop keeps the local stoke alive and keeps people like me and @jimvreeland going.

RJ Robinson

Heading out this weekend. Kinda crashed hard at Mtn Creek this weekend and need some time to recover.

I have a question about moving dirt and creating some drainage. What is the "trail policy" on this? I have seen in other forums on trail maintenance that you should grab dirt from a lower elevation and move it higher, and not to dig too much of a hole.

I know these ruts and hols you guys speak of, and it would be great to be able to help out.

@jdog , would you be able to create a little workbook on how one can do trail maintenance, proper procedures, best practices, etc? :)

Mountain Bike Mike

Super stoked that so many people are lovingly the work I’ve been doing. I was just recognized by the park for my efforts.

Seems they might have been wrong to reject me for those years before finally giving the green light for trail building at 6mr

The next few days are looking hot and dry, so it’s likely to become dusty this week.

Ill be out with the brushhog this week which should help with the sight lines and ankle slappers

In return I ask the same that I always do.

Join JORBA at a JORBA.org and if you see fit, spend a few bucks in an independent bike shop of your choice (not just mine) this summer. Weve seen over 20 local shops shutter in the last two years. Supporting a local shop keeps the local stoke alive and keeps people like me and @jimvreeland going.

Congrats on the recogntion...

Will you be out there with pumps and hoses wetting everything all down so its not dusty?

blackburn1973

Took the boy out for a short ride this morning.
Lot was packed. Lots of other kids out there too!
View attachment 70714View attachment 70715

Hey, man. I was actually behind you and your boy for a bit out there when you were heading out on Blue from the Canal lot. You let me get by right after the jumps and before it goes back into the woods (thanks, btw). Was on a clear-coat Heckler. Hope you had a good Father's Day outing. Beautiful day.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions