6 Mile Run Conditions

qclabrat

@SAV1970
6MR doesn't dry overnight like some parks with the black/brown dirt.
It is made of red clay which does not absorb or drain well. Water just sits on top till it evaporates. Given the partly cloudy and mild temps, I'd be surprised if it is ready on Wednesday. Chance of rain Wednesday also, but it may be ready on Saturday.

qclabrat

Parts were bad. Parts were hero dirt.

The usual drainage puddles were easy enough to avoid if you took some care... which I did. Made sure not to make work for anyone.

The white trail was pretty spectacular though.
Do you think it will be better by the weekend?

rick81721

Lothar
Do you think it will be better by the weekend?

And it's raining again, and will continue for several hours. It continues...

9783865218667_l.jpg

RJ Robinson

No. My friend wanted to do the jumps.... which... were too wet. I liked the new part of the red. But, I also wish there were a few more jumps! Its the only reason I do the white trail. lol.

pygmypony

any first hand observations from 6mr? otherwise it looks like i may have to head to Hartshorne or Allaire tomorrow...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Just saw on strava @jdog rode the full loop. Must be ok - thinking I'll hit it tomorrow

The park is in pretty fine shape. I literally hadn’t ridden a full loop in months as I’ve been digging around Jacques for months.

(The attached pic I just took this am, so that an indication that it’s not too bad)0548FB6E-732E-49F9-8E2F-57E3EE823EC2.jpeg
0548FB6E-732E-49F9-8E2F-57E3EE823EC2.jpeg

The work we’ve done on the white trail is paying off and that part of the park really is becoming better and better to ride after a few days of rain.

The blue trail is pretty bombed out with more mud holes than I’d like to see. Clearly it’s better ridden a LOT when wet this spring and I haven’t worked on it at all. It’s sad to see mud holes in spots where they’ve never popped up before, but with such a wet spring it’s pretty inevitable. Id encourage anyone who’d care to to carry a mini shovel in their pack and work some of thes holes.

This one looks good:

If you do nothing other than dig a drain trench for these pits to drain out and fill the ruts with dirt, that goes a long way.

That and it’s wildly overgrown in a lot of spots. I hope to run the brush hog through the whole thing this week.

*please start riding with a mini silky saw or hand pruners. Take at least ten stops per lop and cut some shit back. It’s gotten crazy and I’d rather spend time moving dirt, but it needs a trim.

I’m also going to make a push to see more people treating their Gear with Permethrin. My buddy works as a plant/bug scientist and he says we all should be using it and that it is safe.

So yeah.. hit it and JOIN JORBA.ORG NOW

This pays for trail tools, bridges, insurance etc. it’s a small price to pay

Last edited:

stilluf

So yeah.. hit it and JOIN JORBA.ORG NOW

This pays for trail tools, bridges, insurance etc. it’s a small price to pay[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all of your work! Last time I was there (about a month ago) the improvements are obvious.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions