6 Mile Run Conditions

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Started on 27 .. Red and orange are great , cleared some brush as well . I saw some puddles on blue after the bridge so I turned around and stayed on red to canal .. and red to orange back . Some new people out , did some educating .. they thought I was avoiding the mud because I didn’t wanna get my bike muddy .. hoping they get it

as they teach you in scouts, the way to do the least damage to a wet trail is go carefully go through the mud, NOT around it as going around it causes trail widening, vegitation damage and erosion.

rick81721

Lothar
Rode this today. Pretty sweet.

Is this going to replace the part of red it bypasses or will both trails continue on?

I think I missed that. Is it right from the jack's lot? I started down rabbit run old trail and saw an opening to the right that paralleled it for awhile but that pic didn't look like the entrance. I didn't see any marker

Piston Honda

I think I missed that. Is it right from the jack's lot? I started down rabbit run old trail and saw an opening to the right that paralleled it for awhile but that pic didn't look like the entrance. I didn't see any marker
Entrance is to the right where the berm is on rabbit run.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

it replaces it - although the other will stay as a fire break, and access for service/emergency vehicles.

@rick81721 - the entrance is at the berm that directs riders to the left - where there is a small clearing on rabbit chase run.
there is also a new trail in the other direction, but doesn't connect at the parking lot yet.

Piston Honda

Can you post your strava? Would like to see the difference
Not sure how to pull URL from app, but here's a screenshot.

Screenshot_20180525-224815.png

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Just got back from Six Mile. The sky opened up and it poured as we were loading the bikes up. So much for the hero dirt....

qclabrat

How rain did you get? We just got thunder and a few raindrops a little bit north (I78) but had dinner in Edison and it didn't seem like much rain had fallen.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions