6 Mile Run Conditions

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Want to hit Halters which means our annual trek to 6mile. Is it gonna be ok or did you have down pours like up north here.

snjrider

Yea I wouldn't ride that place after a rain cause it drains horribly and the ruts created are terrible. Wish more people knew about erosion and trail destruction instead of coming back to the lots with their bikes covered in clay. I'm hoping by Monday it will be okay. Someone who's never been there wants to go and that's the day he's available. Was going to take him on a run through there. As always I'll be checking on here to see what it's like come Monday.

RideOnTime

How are we lookin for tomorrow AM?

Blue and white were good today so should be even better tomorrow. Some of the corners that have remained slick the last week or so have dried out a bit. Some spots actually a bit dry and loose. Thanks for all the work going into the beat up problem areas around the steel bridge and elsewhere. Much improved but still fragile in spots.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
IMG_1074.JPG
Blue and white were good today so should be even better tomorrow. Some of the corners that have remained slick the last week or so have dried out a bit. Some spots actually a bit dry and loose. Thanks for all the work going into the beat up problem areas around the steel bridge and elsewhere. Much improved but still fragile in spots.

Lots more work to be done between now and a hard freeze.

After a year from hell, I'm nearly as healthy as I was before I broke my leg in Jan.

Your Jorba membership dollars just helped obtain a walk behind brushhog. This will vastly improve overgrowth and poor sight lines.

If you ride six mile, PLEASE consider Becoming a JORBA member. The memberships truly keep the trails in NJ rolling.

I'm don't ask much in return for my 1000's of TM hours, but I do ask this.

Thanks

J

DirtyJerz

Red and Orange are in good shape with less mud and standing water than we saw over the past couple weeks. Problem areas are easily avoidable. Bike was mud free and as clean as it can be after riding 6MR. Get some... just dont be an a-hole.

Jrzjoe

I'm usually an asshole but not to the trails. Did it all. Some splashes. A couple spots that resemble pudding. I'd say 97% good to go. Those wet spots just won't go away.

GHM73

I'll be out at some point today, but rode through parts on Saturday and it was looking decent.

UPDATE: Updating my previous post. Just did White/Red/Orange and it's great. Some small persistent puddles but it's really 99% hero-to-dry out there. @jdog has done a ton of great work so far, especially around the mess that was the steel bridge area (loving the new hits around the red/blue split)

There's a tree down on Red a little bit after the beginning of the Orange trail (if you're coming FROM the concrete bridge, heading toward 27).

Didn't hit Blue at all really but I assume it's pretty close in condition.

It's gonna rain tomorrow (probably a lot) so go get it today!

#summerofrain

Last edited:

pygmypony

I'll be out at some point today, but rode through parts on Saturday and it was looking decent.

UPDATE: Updating my previous post. Just did White/Red/Orange and it's great. Some small persistent puddles but it's really 99% hero-to-dry out there. @jdog has done a ton of great work so far, especially around the mess that was the steel bridge area (loving the new hits around the red/blue split)

There's a tree down on Red a little bit after the beginning of the Orange trail (if you're coming FROM the concrete bridge, heading toward 27).

Didn't hit Blue at all really but I assume it's pretty close in condition.

It's gonna rain tomorrow (probably a lot) so go get it today!

#summerofrain
ditto on the thanks to @jdog for the improvements near the steel bridge! great stuff!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions