6 Mile Run Conditions

Ian F

And if Irma follows some model predictions, next weekend doesn't look good either. (sigh...)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Currently at 27 lot. A HUGE thanks for whoever put the fresh dirt over the mud pit after the steel bridge on blue!

You are welcome.

I've done very little trail work this summer as I've been sorting out a new place to live as well as recovering from breaking my leg in Jan.

I spent a few hrs the other Am sorting the east side of the metal bridge. The west side is my target this week.

I'll build a real bridge for the missing spot on blue shortly too.

Anyone have any PT 2x6's or 8's laying around ??

Deamon59

Going to start fixing all the holes this week. Anyone down for weekday AM digging??

Today I saw a guy riding with a helmet.. unfortunately he had it strapped to his backpack.

I can't believe how many (25+) helmet-less riders out there..

Unfortunately I'm unavailable on weekdays but would love to help on weekends.

GHM73

Yesterday evening was great conditions before the rain. Don't count on being able to ride there before Saturday now.

Blip01

You are welcome.

I've done very little trail work this summer as I've been sorting out a new place to live as well as recovering from breaking my leg in Jan.

I spent a few hrs the other Am sorting the east side of the metal bridge. The west side is my target this week.

I'll build a real bridge for the missing spot on blue shortly too.

Anyone have any PT 2x6's or 8's laying around ??

Hope this helps with supplies a bit!
Capture.JPG

johnnyrides

Just got back home from riding Canal to the concrete bridge. Lots of puddles And especially a quagmire west side of the steel bridge that I walked. Just OK overall. The place is getting beat up and it looks it.

I also saw MORE riders without helmets than with helmets. Unreal. Lots of hikers too.

We rode today and as Johnny said the area by the steel bridge was a mess. The rest of the trail wasn't bad but some mucky (and slippery) puddles seemed to pop up out of nowhere on fast blind turns so it pays to be a bit careful, that and the amount of traffic today on the trail meant taking it a tad slower than usual. Once the leaves are gone and there's less vegetation to soak up the water I think six mile will remain messy and opting for other places will be better. This may be our last ride there for the season.

Ian F

It doesn't help that every time it starts to dry out, we get hit with more rain. Sounds like the remnants from Irma will hit us later this week.

My lawn was brutal to mow over the weekend.

This year has been rough.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Stumbled on a guy with a broken leg this am. There must have been 20 paramedics on hand.

Nothing worse than seeing someone in such pain

Hopefully he's recovering comfortably tonight.

rick81721

Lothar
First time here since may - wow. Anywho, lots of mud holes in places you wouldn't expect. Some were so deep and the mud so thick they were like tar pits. Other than that, great!

qclabrat

It doesn't help that every time it starts to dry out, we get hit with more rain. Sounds like the remnants from Irma will hit us later this week.

My lawn was brutal to mow over the weekend.

This year has been rough.
I neglected to add fertilizer to my lawn since the Spring, since I'm still mowing every 4-5 days. The food would have had me mowing every 3-4...

Ian F

Stumbled on a guy with a broken leg this am. There must have been 20 paramedics on hand.

Nothing worse than seeing someone in such pain

Hopefully he's recovering comfortably tonight.

Yikes! A rider? Any idea what happened?

snjrider

Ugh. I've come to the conclusion this year has pretty much sucked in regards to the timing of the rain. What is this, England? Guess I'll head out to Allaire or something that drains well.

qclabrat

Ugh. I've come to the conclusion this year has pretty much sucked in regards to the timing of the rain. What is this, England? Guess I'll head out to Allaire or something that drains well.
thanks for checking before heading out, I agree 6mr will need to be frozen before I can get out again

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions