6 Mile Run Conditions

jimf

So I will be in Metropark NJ tomorrow for work, and was considering bringing the bike and hitting 6 mile or something else in the area. I have never been there or anything else south of Skyline and know very little about the place other than what I have read here or on the Jorba site. Based on that it seems this place is sensitive to rain and takes some time to recover. Anyone have any idea if this place or anything near metropark is even rideable at this point?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So I will be in Metropark NJ tomorrow for work, and was considering bringing the bike and hitting 6 mile or something else in the area. I have never been there or anything else south of Skyline and know very little about the place other than what I have read here or on the Jorba site. Based on that it seems this place is sensitive to rain and takes some time to recover. Anyone have any idea if this place or anything near metropark is even rideable at this point?

no dice. its still flooded (six mile that is).

mandi

I'm pretty sure Canal road is still under water... which means six mile is under water. You won't be able to ride it for quite some time. My suggestion would be to hit the road... most trails are unrideable right now

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It will be days before the waters recede completely...then at least another week to dry out...then another to clear out the fallen trees.

jimf

I'm pretty sure Canal road is still under water... which means six mile is under water. You won't be able to ride it for quite some time. My suggestion would be to hit the road... most trails are unrideable right now

Thanks for the info, I guess I was not being realistic in thinking that the water had receeded and the trails had magically dryed up. I work in NYC most days so weekday riding opportunities are rare.

Rode a few miles today to check out the conditions. Lots of downed trees. Needs major work.
I'll be keeping an eye out for TM date.

cuda

Went out around 5pm today to scope out the damage. The trail's dry enough to ride but there are a bunch of trees laid out across the trails. Mostly small stuff, but there were a few big ones. These are from Red starting at the 27 lot.

photo-2.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well it is cyclocross season. Best learn to dismount and mount.

aedubber

Damn !! Thats a shame .. Looks like 6 mile got beat up bad . Can anyone bring out a chainsaw or will you get in trouble with rangers or something? I like going to 6 mile to work on my endurance :cool:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Damn !! Thats a shame .. Looks like 6 mile got beat up bad . Can anyone bring out a chainsaw or will you get in trouble with rangers or something? I like going to 6 mile to work on my endurance :cool:

The answer is NO. Please. Please.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions