6 Mile Run Conditions

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Rain tonite and supposedly a dry day tomorrow
What is the forecast on conditions for early Saturday morning?
Bag it or ride it?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Killed the last big mud hole on the white trail this am.

Thanks to Ed K who scored me these sweet plastic pipes from his supplier FOC

Saw two asshats riding brand new Treks. They could not understand how they were even remotely in the wrong.

Attachments

• 4312C2F3-C49D-4CDB-95DF-40AEA997014D.jpeg
    4312C2F3-C49D-4CDB-95DF-40AEA997014D.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 478
  • 059ECC67-CAE5-4E2B-9413-A5296C26317C.jpeg
    059ECC67-CAE5-4E2B-9413-A5296C26317C.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 473
  • 5BE79F94-8429-4838-956B-2732FB8DF2A6.jpeg
    5BE79F94-8429-4838-956B-2732FB8DF2A6.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 471

WJF

Plenty of TM ongoing today to get the Red and White near Jacques ready for the NICA races scheduled for the next two weekends. Racers should have fun again this year. JORBA resources at work again.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Deamon59

Edit: there was a short downpour as I was heading back on orange. Trail is wet now.

Rode from 27 through orange to middlebrush and back. A number of wet spots but mostly ok.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Super stoked on what we pulled off in the last few weeks here. Even with the endless rain this spring has delivered, we managed a dry and fast course for the kids.

Next Sunday brings another race in the opposite direction.

The future for mtbing in NJ is looking up.

carvegybe

Great race conditions today at 6M, enjoyed the races today from the Marshal Point 4 by the intersection of the Red and White. Fun times by all. Note they will be racing again this Sunday.

View attachment 96612View attachment 96613View attachment 96614
I don't know if it was you that held us up for a few minutes untill the sweepers cleared us, but riding the trails today was a pleasure. Thank you and JORBA for the awesome work you do at 6 MR.

WJF

I don't know if it was you that held us up for a few minutes untill the sweepers cleared us, but riding the trails today was a pleasure. Thank you and JORBA for the awesome work you do at 6 MR.
Thanks........If you were in the large group of riders holding at the intersection of the Red and White, that was me. Thanks to you and your group for understanding that we had racers on the course and taking time to cheer on the kids until we had a break in the action. You could see that the kids responded well to all of use cheering them on. Not easy ripping a 3 mile loop flat out several times.

Fortunately I only had three people that just could not accept the fact that I needed them to wait or ride the Blue back to the Canal lot. All we needed was their understanding and cooperation for safety reasons. Good news......all three turned around and I assume they were able the enjoy the Blue trail in reverse today. Everyone just needs to smile and be happy........it's all good at the end!

Ian F

Fortunately I only had three people that just could not accept the fact that I needed them to wait or ride the Blue back to the Canal lot. All we needed was their understanding and cooperation for safety reasons.

Dooood. They were on a RUN! Fer sure they would have gotten a KOM on that section if you hadn't made them stop. :p

Robin

Pre practice ride from Jacques to 27. Quite a few mud puddles from Middlebush to Orange/Red split. Orange better than Red

There is a rotting dead deer on White in the cedars before the open field area. Can be seen and smell from trail.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions