6 Mile Run Conditions

I also rode Blue and White. Conditions were very good. At least before the rain. I checked radar before setting off and decided crossing South Middlebush would be unlikely. When I got to the end of Blue, I checked again and definitely would be doing the short loop. So I rode up a bit to get a good run-in for the set of jumps on red. Is it just me or are they easier to clear now.

Speaking of jumps - the reworked gap jump on Blue is awesome. It may be bigger now, but I actually overshot the landing a bit.

Anyway, I finished White and was heading down Red towards the creek and it started to rain. So I booked it as fast as I could back to the Canal lot. Just getting changed and packed up before it really started to pour.

Now home and watching the World Cup XCO men's replay.

Hopefully we don't get too much rain out of this system so things can continue to dry out.

I also rode Blue and White. Conditions were very good. At least before the rain. I checked radar before setting off and decided crossing South Middlebush would be unlikely. When I got to the end of Blue, I checked again and definitely would be doing the short loop. So I rode up a bit to get a good run-in for the set of jumps on red. Is it just me or are they easier to clear now.

Speaking of jumps - the reworked gap jump on Blue is awesome. It may be bigger now, but I actually overshot the landing a bit.

Anyway, I finished White and was heading down Red towards the creek and it started to rain. So I booked it as fast as I could back to the Canal lot. Just getting changed and packed up before it really started to pour.

Now home and watching the World Cup XCO men's replay.

Hopefully we don't get too much rain out of this system so things can continue to dry out.
Lol, I was looking at the jump and wasn't certain I could clear it. Glad to hear there was plenty

where are the jumps on red? are they new?

Near the Blue intersection. They have been there for years. Best approached heading towards Canal Rd (I've never tried going the other way).

The first set is right at the intersection. I suppose they might look like a pair of rollers but with enough speed you can double them. The next one is on the left side of the trail and is sort of a hip as the trails goes to the right. Further down there are another set of rollers that are pretty easy to have enough speed to clear. The set after that I'm usually too gassed to clear, although I got close today.

The set on White about 2/3 through the first woods I can usually clear, but this time they came up on me. For some reason, the woods leading up to them felt different today.

Any conditions report today Monday? I was up north yesterday and it poured for like an hour when I got home it looked like the rain may have missed the area around six mile

Thanks! Ended heading to the pool and plan on going early evening- not that it matters I am not what one would call fast!?

Just got back, dry and dusty on the canal side. Tons of hikers and dogs so take it easy today.

Thanks for posting this. I ventured over to 6MR yesterday afternoon and it was damn near perfect. There were still a few tacky corners on blue and a few avoidable puddles on the 27 side but it's all fully rideable. Even the ruts at the gas line crossing were dried up.

20190527_211314892_iOS.jpg

@jdog is definitely honing his skills with his new toy. The new work on white turned out great!

Thanks for posting this. I ventured over to 6MR yesterday afternoon and it was damn near perfect. There were still a few tacky corners on blue and a few avoidable puddles on the 27 side but it's all fully rideable. Even the ruts at the gas line crossing were dried up.

View attachment 96270

@jdog is definitely honing his skills with his new toy. The new work on white turned out great!
I’m having a ton of fun with that machine. The stuff I’m building will last way way longer as well. In the coming weeks I plan on moving to the blue trail and then to the 27 side with the machine. I basically can do a weeks worth of hand work in two hours. Thanks JORBA!

If you like what you see out there, I have to ask that you consider shopping at Halters Cycles this season. The only reason I can get out there and do what I’ve been doing is this shop. I’ve been told by many that I don’t do enough to connect the dots for people that 6mr is what it is because of the shop. (End plug)

Take note of the two upcoming NICA kids races on June 2nd and 9th. I would highly recommend staying away from the park (or at least Jacques lane) on those dates. Volunteer opportunities should still be available. I’d also consider bringing kids to see this race and see what they are missing. NICA is open to 6th to 12th graders btw.

http://www.newjerseymtb.org/nj-events/2019-racing-season/

https://www.strava.com/segments/20671908

Had a great ride there yesterday afternoon. With the exception of 1 mud pit everything was perfect. Thanks to all who put in all the work on the trails.

I have to go to Trenton for work tomorrow morning. Never been to 6 mile run. Tried a few times, but always rained out.

What do you think about it being ok to ride tomorrow @ 1pm?

It’s likely going to be one of those day where the constant puddles will remain wet and slick. By day’s end it will likely dry but with significant wet spots here and there.

It’s likely going to be one of those day where the constant puddles will remain wet and slick. By day’s end it will likely dry but with significant wet spots here and there.

Thanks for the input. I will try again another day.

I have to go to Trenton for work tomorrow morning. Never been to 6 mile run. Tried a few times, but always rained out.

What do you think about it being ok to ride tomorrow @ 1pm?
I did a small loop this morning. Still a little wet from yesterday’s downpour. Should be ok by the afternoon!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions