6 Mile Run Conditions

SS_Dave

Thanks man. Most people don’t understand that 6mr is what it is because of the bike shop.

The hrs we are open and the lifestyle it allows me, makes trailbuilding almost daily a possibility.

I’m not going to lie, the internet is killing shops everywhere and we need the support more than ever.
I’m going to buy your Kona Big Honzo. No more single speed for me.

rick81721

Lothar
Did a full loop. Solid 3.5 on the scale - another 24-48 hrs and it'll be perfect. Worst was blue in the woods, many small mud puddles, but after that everything else is great. Did not ride red alternate to orange coming back from 27. Jay's work on blue and white needs to be ridden in!

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Did a full loop. Solid 3.5 on the scale - another 24-48 hrs and it'll be perfect. Worst was blue in the woods, many small mud puddles, but after that everything else is great. Did not ride red alternate to orange coming back from 27. Jay's work on blue and white needs to be ridden in!
tenor (7).gif

qclabrat

Perfectly tacky today and if we don't get much precip tomorrow may even be dusty by the long weekend
Other than the LaBrea pits on red on the 27 side, its about as perfect as can get. First time this year and with the few riders was a great place to break in the Pivot and back to clipless. Bumped into @jdog and his crew of heros reworking white close to the Jacques lot. That area could use some riding prior to the NICA race. This park is so freakin' fun, just watch the face slappers and get ivy block on the shins.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
As typically people complained that I was blocking that trail or were critical of the way I had decided to move the trail.

When I used to manage TM at Lew Mo it was often the same story. Complaints about change when in fact the change was to rectify problem areas and improve flow. When I responded inviting said folks to help with TM and have some input to the process, silence. So much easier for people to complain than to contribute to the solution. :(

You have some thick skin Jason, and we continue to be amazed and grateful for all you do. :thumbsup:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
When I used to manage TM at Lew Mo it was often the same story. Complaints about change when in fact the change was to rectify problem areas and improve flow. When I responded inviting said folks to help with TM and have some input to the process, silence. So much easier for people to complain than to contribute to the solution. :(

You have some thick skin Jason, and we continue to be amazed and grateful for all you do. :thumbsup:
we get used to people stating their opinions of the trails and the slight reroutes to make things better.
The ones I like are the "you guys took all the GNAR out of the trails" like any of the trails south of RT 80 have real gnar....

rmap01

we get used to people stating their opinions of the trails and the slight reroutes to make things better.
The ones I like are the "you guys took all the GNAR out of the trails" like any of the trails south of RT 80 have real gnar....

By GNAR - I assume they mean MUD??? :rolleyes: As others have stated, the effort you guys put in is truly appreciated.

JPark

Incredible today. Was going to cross over to rt 27 side from canal side but there was a sign stating it is temporarily closed over there.
Yes, I obeyed the sign!

jklett

Holy crap @jdog the work you're doing on white is amazing(as well as the new stuff on blue)! I rode that part counterclockwise this time and it almost feels like a giant pump track! I rode from canal and did the abbreviated loop(no middlebush crossing) and most of it's already dusty with a couple of small tacky spots, very little actual mud anywhere on this side.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Holy crap @jdog the work you're doing on white is amazing(as well as the new stuff on blue)! I rode that part counterclockwise this time and it almost feels like a giant pump track! I rode from canal and did the abbreviated loop(no middlebush crossing) and most of it's already dusty with a couple of small tacky spots, very little actual mud anywhere on this side.

I have about a dozen hrs on that machine now and I’m really getting more comfortable with it. Once the NICA races are over, I’ll start on the 27 side

I’d be out every day if not for my pesky job

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions